• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Runcorn Town vs 1874 Northwich

1874Craig

Legend
Jul 27, 2013
Will a few be attending this match? I know it's only a friendly match but it's a great chance to see players that don't normally play week in and week out and plus maybe one or two trial players so I think it be worth a visit.

Plus I just saw on Runcorn Town Twitter page that it's only £1 admission fee to get in.

The just put on Twitter that it's £3 admission.

For the record, the team tonight was

Adam Leake
Ryan Mitchell
Lee Duckworth
Lloyd Pownall
Paul Bowyer
Ryan Broadhead
Tom Peers
Stu Wellstead
Dean McGregor
Ryan Barry
Phil Coffin

Ryan Stewart
Jack McKay
Rick Bailey

Apparently Runcorn put out a strong side containing quite a few first teamers not a side containing fringe and youth players as we were led to believe before kick off.

Adam Leake left the ground at half time "feeling unwell" and we had Stewart Welstead in goal for the secong half.

Welstead didn't do too bad in goal!

Apparently Runcorn put out a strong side containing quite a few first teamers not a side containing fringe and youth players as we were led to believe before kick off.

Adam Leake left the ground at half time "feeling unwell" and we had Stewart Welstead in goal for the secong half.

Paul, tbh, the gaffer wouldn't have got anything from the game if we played against fringe and youth players... prob a good test to see what the players are made of playing against a stronger team..i.e. attitude, passion and desire

Paul, tbh, the gaffer wouldn't have got anything from the game if we played against fringe and youth players... prob a good test to see what the players are made of playing against a stronger team..i.e. attitude, passion and desire

Putting the scoreline to one side here, what do you think Streety and the players learned from last night? Not posing the question in a negative vein here, I'm sure there were some good and maybe not so good aspects to the game?

Tez,
I was at he game and I reckon we learned nothing from last night, Apart from Stuart Welstead could cover the goalkeeping position fo Ben.
I think we need a plan B when the footballing side fails.

Unfortunately last night’s run out was versus a far superior Runcorn team - tough going on the side 1874 put out (you could only really regard three (possibly four) of last night's starters as genuine best eleven). At this level, it’s hard to keep lads who are regarded as ‘squad’ players interested and up for it when it matters. Who would want to sit on a bench at this level?
As touched on lots of times so far this season there hasn't been a plan B to go to when it isn't going right. When players are having stinkers, they ought to get used to moans and groans from paying customers AKA fans. I didn't hear anything OTT last night towards any of the players. I would say, however, that the player who was sent off & the player who left at half time did themselves no favours and are absolutely replaceable. It’s just football.

Unfortunately last night’s run out was versus a far superior Runcorn team - tough going on the side 1874 put out

You are correct Tinpot, we always planned to give a game to a few squad players and one or two that the Manager & Coaching staff wanted to have a look at. Runcorn were going to do the same, however had a change of plan and played a stronger team. Therefore I am not bothered about the result, it was about more 'game time' for the lads.

We received a very nice welcome from Runcorn and it was another new ground for many of us to chalk off.

Don't understand how was he told to leave the field but not sent off?

He already picked yellow card up so suppose the ref used his judgement and told him to leave instead of giving him red card as it was a friendly.

Back