• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News MORPETH TOWN V 1874 NORTHWICH

• Thread starter The Football Committee
  • Start date
Sums them up really, Lets hope they are drawn down here next year if we are allowed in.

Sums them up really, Lets hope they are drawn down here next year if we are allowed in.

I'm sure if they were, we'd do all in our power, morally and sportsmanlike to ensure the match was played in the interest of both clubs, players, management and both sets of fans.

Last edited:
Lets not jump the gun,no decision on next season has been made yet.I'm sure the circumstances will be taken into account by the F.A.

Starting to think that we should have sent our available players up there to force Morpeth to at least play the match.

I have a reply from the FA to my message on their website!

Dear Alan,

Thank you for your email.

Based on the written submissions from 1874 Northwich FC to request the game to be rescheduled to Saturday 28th November, these reasons were considered by The FA Vase Committee, however, the decision was made that the match must be played on Wednesday 25th November.

The decision of the FA Vase Committee is final.

Please note the following FA Vase Rule 11 (b), which would have applied to the opponents if the original match had been played and level after extra time, i.e. a replay would have been required and the opponents would have faced the exact same journey midweek.

11. EXTRA TIME AND KICKS FROM THE PENALTY MARK, REPLAYS, POSTPONED AND ABANDONED MATCHES (MATCHES PLAYED PRIOR TO THE SEMI FINALS)

(b) Replays

(i) When a first match has resulted in a draw, it shall be replayed on the ground of the Club drawn second:

in the Qualifying Competition and First, Second and Third Rounds Proper – on or before the following Thursday. Subject to prior application at least seven days before the scheduled date of the original match, The FA may, in exceptional circumstances, approve the playing of drawn, postponed or abandoned matches on the following Saturday.

Thank you again for getting in touch.

Kind regards

Tracey

Tracey Bates | Customer Relations Assistant
Communications
The FA Group
Wembley Stadium I Wembley | London | HA9 0WS
Postal address: Wembley Stadium, PO Box 1966, London SW1P 9EQ
T +44 (0) 844 980 8200
www.TheFA.com

Seems we weren't exceptional circumstances!

Approximately how much would a club expect to get for reaching the final?

I got exactly the same reply, Alan. Unfortunately I don't think the cut and paste response is actually applicable to this situation!

Tony don't think it would have been fair on the fans going down there to field a side of 7 players,and I for one would not have been happy to see 7 players turn out having traveled 190 miles,so in my opinion the right decision was made.

I got exactly the same reply, Alan. Unfortunately I don't think the cut and paste response is actually applicable to this situation!
I think someone has said it before, if Morpeth would have agreed to the Saturday then we might have had a chance.

Starting to think that we should have sent our available players up there to force Morpeth to at least play the match.

With 6 players it would have started then been abandoned immediately. Not worth putting supporters through that IMO.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Please note the following FA Vase Rule 11 (b), which would have applied to the opponents if the original match had been played and level after extra time, i.e. a replay would have been required and the opponents would have faced the exact same journey midweek.

A replay that Morpeth had weeks to prepare for, not a couple of days.

I've tweeted that NonLgDaily story to Colin Murray and Tony Incenzo (also TalkSport, it seems - he keeps retweeting me, that's how I know)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back