• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News MORPETH TOWN V 1874 NORTHWICH

• Thread starter The Football Committee
  • Start date
T

The Football Committee

As many of you will know we have had great difficulties as a Football Club trying our very best to find an amicable solution to the extreme problems caused by the unfortunate postponement of our FA Vase game last Saturday at Morpeth.

iQG-J43z7wE

Continue reading...

Makes a mockery of the lets help grassroots football initiative, Oh well see you all saturday

Disappointing as it all is, if in future we are made a similar request by our opposition, I'd like to think that our Board would exercise a better sense of fair play and integrity

Disappointing as it all is, if in future we are made a similar request by our opposition, I'd like to think that our Board would exercise a better sense of fair play and integrity
Morpeth have done nothing wrong its just unfortunate for us that we can't raise a team. I suspect they would rather beat us on the pitch

Just want to say thank you to Vicki and the Football committee for the efforts that they have put in over the last few days.
I know the stress and time that has been committed to this, and appreciate how difficult it has been given that they also have jobs and families to consider.
We as supporters are all bitterly disappointed over the outcome, however we move forward and learn from this.
My commiserations to Ian and the players, we all know how important the Vase was to them this season.
Looking forward to our AGM on Thursday and supporting the team next Saturday.
Keep the faith, #weare74

Disappointed but this decision has to be respected.
Well done to the board, particularly Vicki who must have spent long hours trying to resolve this issue.

I'm sure the club have exhausted all options so just out of interest how many players were available? Did we have any U21's registered with first team?

Thanks to all of those working so hard behind the scenes to try and sort out this mess not of our own making.
Tempting to point the finger at the Morpeth board but in the end our board took the correct and only decision they could take in these circumstances.
See you all at the AGM on Thursday.

Disappointed but this decision has to be respected.
Well done to the board, particularly Vicki who must have spent long hours trying to resolve this issue.

I'm sure the club have exhausted all options so just out of interest how many players were available? Did we have any U21's registered with first team?

Tony

We currently have 3 U21 players registered with the first team squad. Of these lads one was available to play however I am unaware of how many first teamers we had available.

Tez can't agree more.

There are ways of winning games by playing football, but this just isn't cricket! if you get my meaning.

I lay 70% blame on the FA for letting this situation happen and the rest on Morpeth who perhaps have seen a way through to the next round and banking the prizemoney without having to play. As Tez says I think we should hold our head high and have faith that our board would have done everything possible to get the fixture played at a reasonable date/time for BOTH clubs.

By the way I haven't had a reply to my message to the FA on Sunday yet. Perhaps they are preparing a statement!

Oh and well done to whoever was involved from our side, Vicki, Ian etc. It must have been disappointing for them also.

Tony it said in the statement we had 6 players available, and 1 under 21.
I must say I'm very disappointed with Morpeth,although they have done nothing wrong,you would have thought they would have been a little bit more understanding to a fellow none league club,I'm sure we would have been.

Gutted

We're a young club that really could have done with a good cup run.

Totally back the board in this decision. Both the FA and Morpeth should hang their heads it Shame. The FA for showing a complete lack of support and understanding for grassroots football. And also Morpeth for not backing a fellow non-league team. I'm sure if they had supported the Saturday kick off, while it may not have changed the decision, it would have given us a stronger argument. The whole thing is disgraceful.

Echo all the above, No response from the FA is about par for the course, We will never know but if Morpeths pitch was unplayable saturday then my guess it would be unplayable wednesday as the ground is not drying out.
Lets move on to saturday.
Could go on but won't.

According to Simmo, we could receive a fine and be thrown out of next seasons Vase Competition.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can I also point out that on the Morpeth Facebook page there is no contrition, in fact they rub our noses in it a bit. They must be very proud of how they have progressed to the next round.

According to Simmo, we could receive a fine and be thrown out of next seasons Vase Competition.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Where's Graham Bean when you need him?

Back