• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

MEMORIES OF NORTHWICH

"known to past and present students as the language block"??? Not to this one - we had to endure a tiny attic room up in the main building. Though we did convince the new youngish French teacher to become a Drill Field regular. Like Alex, for me it was the home of history.

Now I really do feel old. When I went their the headmaster actually lived in it!!

Now I really do feel old. When I went their the headmaster actually lived in it!!
when I started, too - and unlike Nicki I never played on those tennis courts, though I did manage to break Mr Sumner's glasses playing hockey.

Here are the answer's.
The pub with the nick-name the American Embassy was The Waterman Arms,does anyone know why?.
The pub with the barrel's behind the bar was The Feather's,does anyone know where it was?.

The Watermans Arms had the nick-name The American Embassy because during the war and just after when the Americans were stationed at Byley it was popular with them.
The Feathers was opposite the Bee Hive.
Where was there a Ford in Northwich.
Where was the Blacksmiths in Rudheath.
Where was there a pub in Wincham it's not there now.

Correct Nik-s,is it still in use?
Sorry Edge should have said did not mean to mislead you

In Roman times there was a ford across the River Weaver which was tidal at the time and it was just by the Town Bridge.

The old Roman road is the present path which runs between the Barbers and Estate Agents opposite the Nat West bank

The answer to the pub in Wincham.
By the Bridge on the left hand side coming from Northwich,it was alongside the canal,it has recently been demolished.does anyone know what it was called?.

Here's some more Question'.
Where was Northwich Carnival held before Verdin Park.
Where was there a prisoner of war camp in Northwich.
Where was the Talbot Hotel.

Talbot Hotel was Witton Street - was going to say "roughly where Tesco was", but that's showing my age. I'll leave others to define it better based on that.

Back