• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leek called off

To satisfy those who seem confused by the title of the other thread, I have merged with one clearly stating it is OFF ... ;)

it's a complete joke and I hope we go as high as we have to to complain about this awful decision.

I when't on the pitch,afraid the referee got this badly wrong.

I know, but people who don't know all the information, will and turn up might get pee'd off

I don't get your point. The club were told this afternoon the match was on. They were then told after 7pm the match was off, how is that their fault?? The only people to be peed off with are the officials. Either the 3.30pm official should have called it off, or the official tonight should have honoured the decision and played the match. It hasn't rained since 3.30.

Having checked the web sites, left work early,driven some considerable distance to find the game was called off pre 7 pm I do not feel it unreasonable to ask why at past kick off time there is still no advice the game is off. All I was suggesting is that we can learn from experiences such as this. This is a customer focused activity and any learning should be viewed in a positive manner. In truth I suspect thats exactly how the board will view it. If a constructive comment is seen as unreasonable then I will quickly step away from this forum and hibernate as I have done for twelve months.

I find it a little frustrating that there is nothing on the official site, the heading of this post will be mis-leading to many. Whilst late call offs occur I do think it should be possible to get an official message out in five mins or so. The club has a 100% + record in what it has done since the decision was taken to form, but this is a little gliche which needs tweaking.
I accept that there will have been two officials involved in making the decisions today, that making the earlier one may have felt that by kick off the pitch would be ok. Perhaps it simply didn't progress as hoped, that happens and its not the fault of either official.
It keeps Saturdays game in the memory a little longer !!

Daz, as soon as we had it confirmed we had it up on the Clubs official twitter account. Internet at the ground is intermittent and we are not always able to access the website from the ground, however the site does carry the twitter feed in the bottom right.

Having checked the web sites, left work early,driven some considerable distance to find the game was called off pre 7 pm I do not feel it unreasonable to ask why at past kick off time there is still no advice the game is off. All I was suggesting is that we can learn from experiences such as this. This is a customer focused activity and any learning should be viewed in a positive manner. In truth I suspect thats exactly how the board will view it. If a constructive comment is seen as unreasonable then I will quickly step away from this forum and hibernate as I have done for twelve months.

In defence of the Board, it was tweeted immediately it was known, a couple of minutes before 7pm, and that was added to the posts on this thread as well almost immediately. It was also very quickly on the League website. As already stated, those who edit the club website were probably busy being peed off with the decision etc, and would not seriously have thought at 7pm "oh, I must update the club website". Those who do that are volunteers too. Maybe they will see it differently, I don't know.

By all accounts the ref was the guy who refed the Cheadle game.
Anybody seen my flags.
Looked a very bad decision from what I saw.

There was a female ref tweeting about going to the match following the afternoon pitch inspection - was she running the line then?

I don't get your point. The club were told this afternoon the match was on. They were then told after 7pm the match was off, how is that their fault?? The only people to be peed off with are the officials. Either the 3.30pm official should have called it off, or the official tonight should have honoured the decision and played the match. It hasn't rained since 3.30.

It's not our fault, but my point is I hope there's no people that take this news the wrong way.

There were two spots he wasn't happy with, the worst of which was about 2ft square, it was spongy underfoot a bit like the penalty spot that Becks missed that penalty against Portugal in the Euros a few years back. Both teams and management wanted to play, the only two people in the stadium who didn't were the ref and one of his assistant's. Whether he made the right decision or not we will not know now, because he never gave it a chance. I went onto the spot at around kick off time and it was almost solid again.
In this man's opinion a ridiculous decision made by a referee with known previous poor decision making in our short history.

Very, very angry that one man can cause so much annoyance, loss of profit, loss of time and effort, cause a major headache for both clubs, and the league, for no valid reason and then have the gall to still claim his expenses.
I really hope the league take a dim view of this, especially when both teams had agreed to give it a go.

There was a female ref tweeting about going to the match following the afternoon pitch inspection - was she running the line then?
Alan it was Kat Davey running the line, she has been at our place earlier this season, good ref, wish it was her in charge tonight, but not her decision to call it off.

I wouldn't have paid him any expenses, let him complain to the league, I presume the club has suffered a lot of expense already

I wouldn't have paid him any expenses, let him complain to the league, I presume the club has suffered a lot of expense already

Not just us aswell, Leek are struggling financially and this is doing them no favours. Is this another case of the ref wanting to be the star of the show?

Back