• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leek called off

Why has such a late decision been made?

Absolutely ridiculous! How can it have been deemed playable at 3:30 but not now?! It's been sunny and windy, a perfect drying combination, since then!

Winsford even tweeted an extract of NWCFL committee minutes stating if both teams wanted to play the ref should let the game start ...
BkuA9W0IYAAgVZT.jpg

Will be a big ask to fit this in before the end of the season? Leek already have a lot of games to play , might be able to fit it in next Wednesday in-between two Winsford home games on the Tuesday and Thursday!

I did retweet it straight to the ref, but I expect she had her phone on silent by then ;)

Apart from disrupting our promotion push and giving us unnecessary fixture congestion, as well as unnecessary expense, I feel sorry for Leek, who had made the effort to battle through the sunshine and breeze to get to Mid-Cheshire despite their recent well-publicised woes.

Surely if one referee calls it playable and both teams want to play, the referee has to honour the original decision. As far as I'm aware it hasn't rained any more since 4pm. Hope the club argued it.

Hope this doesn't reflect badly on us as a club. Outrageous decision.

I find it a little frustrating that there is nothing on the official site, the heading of this post will be mis-leading to many. Whilst late call offs occur I do think it should be possible to get an official message out in five mins or so. The club has a 100% + record in what it has done since the decision was taken to form, but this is a little gliche which needs tweaking.
I accept that there will have been two officials involved in making the decisions today, that making the earlier one may have felt that by kick off the pitch would be ok. Perhaps it simply didn't progress as hoped, that happens and its not the fault of either official.
It keeps Saturdays game in the memory a little longer !!

If an official tells both clubs the match is on how can that reflect badly on 1874?

I find it a little frustrating that there is nothing on the official site, the heading of this post will be mis-leading to many. Whilst late call offs occur I do think it should be possible to get an official message out in five mins or so. The club has a 100% + record in what it has done since the decision was taken to form, but this is a little gliche which needs tweaking.
I accept that there will have been two officials involved in making the decisions today, that making the earlier one may have felt that by kick off the pitch would be ok. Perhaps it simply didn't progress as hoped, that happens and its not the fault of either official.
It keeps Saturdays game in the memory a little longer !!

I think it's harsh to be criticising the club here. They would have had to tell people at the ground that it's off and they would've been taken by surprise by the decision.

If an official tells both clubs the match is on how can that reflect badly on 1874?

I know, but people who don't know all the information, will and turn up might get pee'd off

I would also imagine that those in charge of updating the official website have a few more pressing matters to deal with.
Oh well, another chance for Paul to have his fill with the pies! ;)

Back