• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bumped into someone who claims to know JR very well. Said he was waiting to be sentenced and then would be lodging an appeal as the evidence was flimsy. He said the delay in sentencing was because both co-defendants needed their own barristers there at the same time. His last claim was "anyway, he will continue financing the team through his son." I feel ashamed to be a red. Dear old Tom Stelfox will be turning in his grave.

HABEMUS FIDUCIAM HERBA
'WE RELY ON GRASS'
Not only grass it would appear. Rumour has it that JRFC are mounting a strong fund raising appeal in the area in an attempt to raise "legitimate" monies. The campaign so far includes, inter alia, aggressive tactics in Town, an approach for sponsorship to a local businessman owed many thousands of pounds by JR and a deceitful securement of sponsorship from a local hostelry after the manager had rejected the initial approach. (the monies were handed over by another employee on a day when the manager was on leave). At least 1874's fund raising efforts are honest and above board.

Correct in all aspects, Archie, along with others today I had sight of the receipt for the £60, the signature was such as to be confusing.
Clearly had been well versed in the art !!.

£60 should secure them the use of a corner flag for a match.

If brand confusion is being created on purpose the crime in question is called "passing off" - but of course it is difficult to prove conclusively.

Alan.

I saw the receipt tonight at the Prescot game and it did say NVFC so fair enough although the signature was unidentifiable.

I suspect that the NVFC sponsorship programme will be a triumph of hope over experience.

Alan.

I saw the receipt tonight at the Prescot game and it did say NVFC so fair enough although the signature was unidentifiable.

I suspect that the NVFC sponsorship programme will be a triumph of hope over experience.
The latest update on the £60 from the hostelry manager is that Mr Nuttall is due to meet the person who deceived the pub, next Monday 8/8/2016. There is some suggestion that he may be acting without JRFC's permission and using the "good" name of NVFC to obtain monies fraudulently. Either way, the issue needs to be resolved with NVFC or JRFC repaying the money and NVFC or JRFC issuing a public apology for the use of the name of NVFC in such a way.

The latest update on the £60 from the hostelry manager is that Mr Nuttall is due to meet the person who deceived the pub, next Monday 8/8/2016. There is some suggestion that he may be acting without JRFC's permission and using the "good" name of NVFC to obtain monies fraudulently. Either way, the issue needs to be resolved with NVFC or JRFC repaying the money and NVFC or JRFC issuing a public apology for the use of the name of NVFC in such a way.

How dare anyone solicit monies on behalf of NVFC or even JRFC in an underhand manner, that could damage the name of that well known club of repute !!.

Reading on the forum today, it really brings home the contrast of the shambolic entity that is JRFC and our little club. Contrast their summer with ours.
All the positive stuff achieved by 1874 is testimony to the good ethics and hard work of our Board, Team Management, Players, Owners, Volunteers, Supporters and Sponsors. We have much more to achieve but it is within our grasp. It will take patience, determination, hard work but mostly, All of us pulling together in the same direction. What a journey and we've only just started!

Much as it grieves me to defend NVFC/JRFC I suppose they can't be held responsible if it's something that's been done without their knowledge and, for once, they should not have to repay a penny. However, my defence stops there and I also believe what goes around comes around! I'm still looking to shake the hand and thank the chef who ran off with Connett's money! :D

Re Danebank Green and his comments about all the positive "stuff" and sense of optimism at our Club.

I wonder if we could sell some to Witton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back