• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Great result!!!

Well done all. Not a classic but the pitch was very heavy and was never going to be flowing football.
Great persistence by the boys.
Vics are awful!! And that's being generous!!
Let's hope for a good draw.
COYG!

Must admit, I was surprised at the starting line up tonight, but Streety got it spot on tactically! We never looked like losing; bitter sweet for me; absolutely delighted with the result but sad to see how poor Vics were tonight, just reaffirms our decision....so pleased and proud to be a '74 fan tonight!

Connors, Jones (x2) and Jason absolute class tonight, Bails never stopped running and deserved his two goals!!

Now off to Maine Road Saturday to put in another good performance against one of our bogey teams!!

Great performance.

Looked dangerous going forwars and solid at the back.

Vics never looked like scoring, we could/ should have had more.

Mark Jones, the Master Commander controlled the game superbly.

I'm not but... I'll say this only once... Jamie is actually usually pretty balanced in his match reporting, sticking to facts (or at least how he sees it) and giving credit to the opposition. He did say '74 were having the better of it at one point.

Well done to Streety, the lads and the rest of the management on a fantastic result tonight. The future is bright, the future is very much 1874! :scarf:

I'm usually one of THOSE who come on and complain about how dire we've been when we have been just that, but I thought we did really well tonight. Poor opposition or not the decision making and willingness to actually play football and desire was much better than I personally have witnessed recently. I think we have done ourselves a lot of favours with that performance and atmosphere tonight potentially with a good few floating fans which will hopefully show in future gates. Let's just hope that we can crack on now!

@Markust9: .@1874Northwich 1-0 Tom Bailey @simmo_on_sport @1874matchday pic.twitter.com/LkmXzxRz21

@Markust9: .@1874Northwich 2-0 Tom Bailey @simmo_on_sport @1874matchday pic.twitter.com/HR5OEzqJoC

I've got a stuffy nose, bad throat with a frog in it and rather drowsy, but boy do I feel good tonight. Not only did we win 2-0, it was comfortable in the end. Can't remember Greg having much to do in truth. The first half, we started well, took control of the game, but it did become scrappy and there weren't too many chances, but great to get a goal just before HT. Second half, we were in complete control and deserved to get a second and could've had a couple more.

Good crowd down tonight as well and it was good to get some noise going in the second half. It was quiet early on, but it was great once we got going. Hopefully a few of those there tonight, that don't normally go, will come down more often after that. A while ago when the draw was made, I and a few others on here said, let's show which team really is the green side of town. Personally, I think we've shown that tonight!!

Now, let's go and get 3 points on Saturday (weather permitting given the forecast). :scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

I've got a stuffy nose, bad throat with a frog in it and rather drowsy, but boy do I feel good tonight. Not only did we win 2-0, it was comfortable in the end. Can't remember Greg having much to do in truth. The first half, we started well, took control of the game, but it did become scrappy and there weren't too many chances, but great to get a goal just before HT. Second half, we were in complete control and deserved to get a second and could've had a couple more.

Good crowd down tonight as well and it was good to get some noise going in the second half. It was quiet early on, but it was great once we got going. Hopefully a few of those there tonight, that don't normally go, will come down more often after that. A while ago when the draw was made, I and a few others on here said, let's show which team really is the green side of town. Personally, I think we've shown that tonight!!

Now, let's go and get 3 points on Saturday (weather permitting given the forecast). :scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Honk.

Tonight was a bit weird really, as I've said elsewhere. I don't think anyone really knew what to do it themselves at first, but glad we got behind the lads and came through. This is a fixture I'm glad happened, but hope it won't happen again.

In terms of the performance, to play like that against a team a league above (for now) was really impressive. Every player played their part and we were pretty much dominant all game. Well done to all, for understanding the significance of the fixture if nothing else.

See you all at Maine Road.

Back