• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

DID YOU KNOW

Bert Trautmann was reportedly held in the prison camp at Marbury Park.

I suspect it was a difficult choice between a prisoner of war camp or the Central Ground?

In the season Vics beat Crewe 3-1 in the F.A.Cup,Vics had two managers,who were they? and who was the manager when they beat Crewe?.

John King was replaced by Terry Murphy.

I think Murphy was in charge for the Crewe game, and it might even have been his first game in charge?

Correct Edge but not sure about it being his first game,does anyone know?

How longs the useless trivia thread that people are pretending to answer but are actually looking up answers on the internet going to go on?
Why do we really care what Wilton's ground ends were called?
Btw isn't this section 1874 chat....shouldn't this be in other football news.

Last edited:
Blackie.

I am enjoying the trivia quiz as a life-long resident it is reminding me about Northwich which has long gone.

If you dont like it dont participate.

How longs the useless trivia thread that people are pretending to answer but are actually looking up answers on the internet going to go on?
Ok Blackie a question for you and others soley on 1874.

Without referring to the yearbooks or programmes, how many clubs have we played in competitive fixtures (i.e. League, league cup, first division cup, fa cup, vase, Cheshire senior, and mid cheshire senior cup)?

O.K Blackie I will put some Question's about 1874 that you will not find on the internet,but as long as people are interested in the past of all local clubs whats the harm?.

Bah humbug, never had you down as a Scrooge Blackie! Personally speaking I like the trivia on all local clubs although appreciate this is 1874's site. How come you visit Central Grounder if you have no interest in Witton or anyone else other than 1874?

Who scored 1874s first ever Cup goal(not counting the Rushton game)?
In what composition was it ?.
Who was it against?.

Scorer I think was Michael Brandon, it was in the FA Vase and it was against Oldham Boro.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a quiz. I like a good quiz.
But 1874 chat is where current news and discussions about 1874 should be?
Surely quizzes should be in other football otherwise all sorts of stuff is going to clog it up and then what's the point of the sections titles?

Blackie.

I am enjoying the trivia quiz as a life-long resident it is reminding me about Northwich which has long gone.

If you dont like it dont participate.
Btw, you can still enjoy the quiz?....in other football news!

Back