• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Comedy Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it's libellous?

Anything deemed libellous (and this can also be flagged up as such by another forum member) is dealt with by removing it and warning the member who posted it. Warnings can and do lead to bans for set periods of time, in line with forum rules. I have not spotted anything lately which falls into that category which has not been dealt with, but am willing to stand corrected.

Colin: you have the capacity to self-delete if you so wish. Otherwise you should develop the capacity to self-restrain if you can't bring yourself to leave us alone. Personally, I do not begin to comprehend your obsession.

Others: self-restraint is perhaps a useful weapon to deploy (applies at times to me, too!). And a reminder you can always ignore this thread, or set your preferences to ignore anything posted by any other forum user.

We have 30 pages of drivel whilst the 1874 Community and charity page including our recent donation drive have less than five and I would support a ban on Colin as his aims are not in keeping with the ethos of our Club or its owners.

Fortunately, our members/fans/owners respond with their actions/deeds/contributions rather than mere words to any community/charity initiatives.
A reminder that this is supposed to be an independent fans' forum, however close the links are with the Club and its owners.

Anything deemed libellous (and this can also be flagged up as such by another forum member) is dealt with by removing it and warning the member who posted it. Warnings can and do lead to bans for set periods of time, in line with forum rules. I have not spotted anything lately which falls into that category which has not been dealt with, but am willing to stand corrected.

Colin: you have the capacity to self-delete if you so wish. Otherwise you should develop the capacity to self-restrain if you can't bring yourself to leave us alone. Personally, I do not begin to comprehend your obsession.

Others: self-restraint is perhaps a useful weapon to deploy (applies at times to me, too!). And a reminder you can always ignore this thread, or set your preferences to ignore anything posted by any other forum user.

Pretty much everything he ever posts is libellous.

As a starter for ten, how about unfounded accusations of theft?

I agree with Toddy.

We have 30 pages of drivel whilst the 1874 Community and charity page including our recent donation drive have less than five and I would support a ban on Colin as his aims are not in keeping with the ethos of our Club or its owners.
If there's 30 pages here and less than 5 elsewhere it shows what people want to write about - frustrating though that may be for some people.
For me it is evidence of the ongoing strength of feeling about what happened to our club and an opportunity to let off steam about it by reminding Colin (a name for the small group who post under that name) of what an immoral load of sh* te they are.
Please don't deny me that little indulgence. :(

hiding in bushes spying on Vics fans - hardly the behavior of a community run football club

It's your gullibility, that you actually believe that I would waste my time and effort by travelling from Biddulph to spy on you or JRFC, you are not that important, you are insignificunts.
Its much easier to guess the gates or wait for the Offal figure to be announced and deduct 50, the latter system has proven very reliable.

*sigh*

Mark ... I have just ploughed through all 31 pages and cannot find anything which would stand up as an "accusation of theft". I presume you are referring to the oft-repeated moan about giving money to the Trust which was then, in Colin's mind, used towards setting up 1874. This has been rebuffed so many times now, including by yourself above, quite clearly stating "You raised funds for the trust. You handed it over to the trust. The moment you did that you knew it was for the trust members to decide where it would be most useful." My only issue with your perfectly correct analysis is that Colin clearly didn't "know", or at least chooses to ignore the reality.

Colin has always said that he handed the money over voluntarily, so it can't be theft. It might at most be stretched to an accusation of misappropriation of funds, but we all know that it is because he is miffed that the money given by others to him to raise funds was not used for the purpose that HE personally wanted. His stance is based on a failure to comprehend the basics of any act of giving as well as an ignorance of, or refusal to accept the validity of, the rules governing the Trust as a legally constituted body and one where the accounts are a matter of public record (something with which he may not be too familiar given his allegiance).

Absolutely bang on Alan and it's a shame that others like Pete Tonge, Lee Burnham and for me the most surprising of all Tom Barrow are quite happy to tow the party line behind the now oft repeated statement of "its the club I've supported all my life and I can't change" to which my answer is..."Bollocks, its not the club you have supported, the club is its fans, its fans are now at 1874."
You support a zombie nonleague entity purporting to be a football club.
Unlike most of their peers, they are not funded and run by people from the locale, but by faceless dodgy dealers with expenses from god knows where (actually we do know, but I am fond of my kneecaps), the actual owner cares nothing for the town of Northwich or the people who live there. If he did he wouldn't make statements like "the games will go ahead if no one comes". You have to ask yourself "WHY???"
The question I keep asking myself is, not all those who still follow JIMS team are as stupid as Colin, why are they not asking searching questions, and more to the point why isn't the league or the FA?
Is this something to do with their landlords chairman being on the league committee. I would like to think not, but for a man who stated he would never work with Rushe again it seems a bit naive for him to think Rushe has no input into the funding (whilst bankrupt) of THAT team that his club are allowing to embarrass other hard working, fair playing, clubs in their league.
It isn't sustainable. We know that. But it is very, very unfair that their smoke and mirrors approach to football will in all eventuality deprive a worthy opponent of promotion. I hope the apologists/head in sand types on the Witton forum like CJ will apologise when they possibly miss out on promotion back to the premier because of JRFC's continence.
That would be a kind of perverted justice, but I would certainly not be smiling.

I agree that the posts of Colin, and the small group of snivelling hangers on who post under his name simply show that they continue to live in a moral vacuum and just prove to us why we made the right decision. One day NVFC will disappear - we will still have a community club that lives within its means.

I only gave the funds to the trust upon the PROMISE that it would not start up a new club up whilst Vics still exist.

Say if I was a loyal 2012'er and organised a fundraising walk and I stated that the funds would go towards helping 2012 and then you give me Donation. After handing over the money I then decide to keep it and give it to uncle Jim. Would you be o.k. with that.

Did the league ask questions of the likes of Fleetwood of whom its chairman pumped in Millions into the club

Don't you support Man United Mr Chubbs of whom are £100's millions in debt depriving other clubs in the land that have no Debt. How much money has Chelsea and Man City's Chairman pumped into their clubs.

Lord Flashy your the ones Initiating posts re Vics and copying and pasting things of my Twitter account onto here.
Is one of your ethos - hiding in bushes spying on Vics fans - hardly the behavior of a community run football club
what about el stiles coming down to try and sabotage Vics TV Coverage. Did any Vics fans come down to try and sabotage yours erm No -
That is a joke that people were hiding in bushes and spying on Vics fans?? I've heard it all now if true..

Did the league ask questions of the likes of Fleetwood of whom its chairman pumped in Millions into the club

Don't you support Man United Mr Chubbs of whom are £100's millions in debt depriving other clubs in the land that have no Debt. How much money has Chelsea and Man City's Chairman pumped into their clubs.

So Derek Nuttall is funding JRFC!

I only gave the funds to the trust upon the PROMISE that it would not start up a new club up whilst Vics still exist.
Say if I was a loyal 2012'er and organised a fundraising walk and I stated that the funds would go towards helping 2012 and then you give me Donation. After handing over the money I then decide to keep it and give it to uncle Jim. Would you be o.k. with that.

Point 1. If you understood or could be bothered to read the articles and regulations governing the Trust you would know that no one individual would have the power to promise you any such thing. The Trust = the collective as represented by the membership, and in that democratic form the majority determine the policy.
The fact that it is/was debatable whether "Vics" still existed is a side issue to this. In the eyes of the majority of the membership "Vics" ceased to exist in any recognisable form (as a football club representing and supported by a sizeable section of the townsfolk of Northwich) at the very latest when they abandoned the stadium and even the county of Cheshire. As I have always said - I didn't leave NVFC, it left me.

Point 2. Short answer, no. But then you are a private individual not governed by the rules and regulations pertaining to the Trust, so the comparison is vacuous. However, the secondary issue in this case is that I may not be ok with it, and I may well rant and rave for a while (I might even compose a letter of complaint, though I'm not sure who I'd send it to), but I would be powerless to do anything about it because I had handed my money over in good faith.

Did Man United cease to exist when fans left them to set-up their own club.

Justbecause people have a cob on with Uncle Jim doesn't make the football club dead

Did Man United cease to exist when fans left them to set-up their own club.

Justbecause people have a cob on with Uncle Jim doesn't make the football club dead

Despite Man United being in debt, it is controlled debt that is clearly easily managed by the club and owners due to their wealth. Man Utd are the 4th richest club in the world with just the adidas shirt sponsor equalling a similar amount to thwir debt, never mind the various other sponsorship deals and revenue income worldwide, also the Glazers are worth £3billion and so it is fair to say the club isnt short of cash. Also Man Utd don't appear to be on the brink of administration, constantly in trouble with HMRC, have various WUPs and haven't had a failed cva as they refuse to pay their bills.

Where as Vics are clearly making a loss every week even if rent was the only expense. The owners clearly don't have money to fund the club long term otherwise the stadium would have been bought. The club has a negative reputation in the local area and can't even muster a shirt sponsor for the last how many seasons and have literally no other revenue stream except the 100 people paying a tenner every other week.

Despite the above, a fantastic amd close comparison with Man Utd, well done.

who made you lord to say that, there was only 70 difference in attendance between Vics and your last attendances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back