• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Comedy Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking the the photograph on Twitter of last nights homecoming of JRFC against Nantwich and it seems that there are more players than spectators.

received_10207201801743823-1.jpg

Screenshot_2015-08-05-17-05-37-1.png

Ironically it was taken by a JRFC fan. Another own goal!

Last edited:
Why should a 'friendly' hand that would cost witton money be offered? It's about business profit and loss not friendship. Witton were proved right weren't they? They got a tenant at a higher rent.
My point about the historical nastiness is that we need to move on as both sets of fans can talk forever about who started it. I suspect witton could legitimately ask if we held out the hand of friendship when we blocked their entry into the NPL in the 60's or whether it was just two fingers. You're older than me Frank so you can look even further back and see things they may have done to us but what does it prove now.
We're all football fans in the end and we all need each other.

Pete,
So where will the friendly hand be in the future ?.

On the Witton forum one Vics fan is already saying its their stadium back in Northwich,does he know something Witton don't know?(The New Drill Field).

On the Witton forum one Vics fan is already saying its their stadium back in Northwich,does he know something Witton don't know?(The New Drill Field).

And meanwhile our old friend Colin has posted on the JR forum a message to Witton fans that someone claiming to be a Vics fan on the Witton forum is not a Vics fan. Clearly Colin thinks Witton fans can be bothered reading the tumbleweed on there. Curiouser and curiouser.

You are right Alan,Kevin Hancock rang me to remind me of the name,I was not sure if it was Ken or Colin but then i remembered Colin was the Witton fulback who moved from Witton to Vics in the 50s.

Toddy, I think that reinforces what I said to Frank - the older we are the more we remember but it still doesn't't prove who started what.
I only hear what other people hear and as I understand it Witton were very professional in their dealings with us.
I'm not turning into a closet wittoner (heaven forbid!!) but let's not forget that to get our fix of excitement we need other teams to play and the excitement of beating a local rival is always the best. They are ordinary fans like us and love their team.
To keep things in proportion I must say I hope they get hammered on Saturday!! ;)

And meanwhile our old friend Colin has posted on the JR forum a message to Witton fans that someone claiming to be a Vics fan on the Witton forum is not a Vics fan. Clearly Colin thinks Witton fans can be bothered reading the tumbleweed on there. Curiouser and curiouser.

Is this how Colon will treat all returning Vics fans, with suspicion and contempt?

This is all the proof needed to prove the whole of their fanbase is a small clique on first name terms.

Pete I was just putting the record straight,I no what Vics and Boston did was wrong and petty,but most of my Witton friends(yes I do have some)forget the Ken Barnes advice which stopped them applying in the first place and only remember Vics petty action.I love the local rivalry,and I hope they get hammered every Saturday in fact every match.

Pete,
So where will the friendly hand be in the future ?.
Somewhere in the middle, Frank? I'm as sad as anyone that the days of the Central Ground and Drill Field bursting at the seams are a thing of the past and, even more sadly, many of the "old school" Wittoners and Northwichers are no longer with us. Football in mid-Cheshire has to look forward otherwise it will get left behind. I know there are still many of the "old school" people around on both sides that would probably never want to see it but I think one stadium in Northwich (I'm talking way down the line, perhaps 10/15 years time) could be the way forward for both clubs. Perhaps somewhere with other sports and leisure facilities attached or surrounding it all for the use of the local community. You may say I'm dreaming but two football stadiums in Northwich would be unsustainable, as mentioned by Tez and Pete most people prefer to switch their sky tv on these days from the comfort of their own home. Attracting fans (current and new) is getting more difficult each year with the premier league and foreign leagues all being available at the press of a button.

If my Aunty was my Uncle.....Really enjoying all this nonsense and the season hasn't even started :eek:

I was being flippant when I mentioned about there being more players than fans but looking at the remaining photographs it is true!

Is this how Colon will treat all returning Vics fans, with suspicion and contempt?

This is all the proof needed to prove the whole of their fanbase is a small clique on first name terms.

Speaking of Comedy Shows, I was always a fan of this one:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Somewhere in the middle, Frank? I'm as sad as anyone that the days of the Central Ground and Drill Field bursting at the seams are a thing of the past and, even more sadly, many of the "old school" Wittoners and Northwichers are no longer with us. Football in mid-Cheshire has to look forward otherwise it will get left behind. I know there are still many of the "old school" people around on both sides that would probably never want to see it but I think one stadium in Northwich (I'm talking way down the line, perhaps 10/15 years time) could be the way forward for both clubs. Perhaps somewhere with other sports and leisure facilities attached or surrounding it all for the use of the local community. You may say I'm dreaming but two football stadiums in Northwich would be unsustainable, as mentioned by Tez and Pete most people prefer to switch their sky tv on these days from the comfort of their own home. Attracting fans (current and new) is getting more difficult each year with the premier league and foreign leagues all being available at the press of a button.

10/15 years time !, Paul, regrettably and sadly I wont be around to comment then, after being a Vics supporter since the age of 4 and now in my 81 st year I must say that local "footie" has most certainly given me the enjoyment money could not buy !. When doing my National Service in Korea in the early 50s receiving the "Guardian" to get the results was a pleasure, BUT ! I knew the results each week by Morse Code before the paper got to me courtesy of my Adjutant, Archie Birtwisle from Richard Street Rudheath WHO HAD READ MY GUARDIAN FIRST. Archie rose to be a Major General.

"Archie rose to be a MajorGeneral."

That's what reading the Northwich Guardian can do for a man! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back