• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

only 410 at witton today and i bet quite a few were warrington fans, bet we would have got more than that.
The vics game will be interesting.

I have noticed on the Wittons website that Witton are advertising the game as Northwich (unwittingly funded by UK Taxpayers and other organisations) against WAFC.

I thought that it was all above board, after all didn't Nutall say it was his club?

only 410 at witton today and i bet quite a few were warrington fans, bet we would have got more than that.
The vics game will be interesting.
Warrington brought about 40 max. Nice to see a few 1874 fans there too, always welcome.

Brilliant game of football and we should have been 4 or 5 up before they equalised. Absolutely battered the 2nd placed team in our league today so in answer to the thread title I would say definitely not.

A bold boast Paul,should I put a £10 on you at the Bookies?.

As our game was called off, I decided to go to the Witton game. This is a kickoff image of the "410" crowd that attended the Boxing Day game. So Paul, I'll have whatever you're having!

Attachments

• 20151226_145813.jpg
    20151226_145813.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 34
This is about 10 mins before the end. I was sat in the stand surrounded by WTFC fans, and the only real Witton fans in sight were behind the goal. There was probs about 150 Warrington fans, including about 60 in the seats. The real attendance was at a maximum 300, so it's typical Reds to lie about their attendances. I did a quick head count and there was roughly about 270, so I'll give you 300 just for ones we missed. Granted it was a rather good game of footy, but I still believe that we would definitely give the Reds a good game, just like last year.

Attachments

• 20151226_162850.jpg
    20151226_162850.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 21
Here's a game; Where's the Witton fan? What's his name too (taken about 5 mins before kickoff) ;)#NorthwichGreenAndWhite

Attachments

• 20151226_145021.jpg
    20151226_145021.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
Here's a game; Where's the Witton fan? What's his name too (taken about 5 mins before kickoff) ;)#NorthwichGreenAndWhite

I walked in the ground 2 or 3 minutes before kick off and it was rammed behind the goal (which you conveniently don't seem to have taken any photos of) not to mention the fact that all home games are quiet in the ground until just before kick off anyway because most are still enjoying themselves in our fantastic social club. I'm not sure how many warrington fans were there but there were 30-40 behind the goal max at one end and obviously some in the stand looking at your photos (not sure there is 60 but I'll take your word for it). Never in a million years was there 150 warrington fans there today, they don't get many more than that at home. Even if they had 100 that still means there were at least 300 wittoners there. You suggest Witton lie about attendances, I can assure you as a fact that is not true. I'm interested to know why we would do that and what evidence you have other than a couple of photos that could have been taken at a JRFC game, a reserve game, a Mid Cheshire cup game, or a local sunday league cup final 10 minutes before kick off. There was a thread on this site not so long ago about including none present season ticket holders in your attendances so I'd be a bit careful about accusing others about official attendances.

I often praise 1874 for the good things you do and I like about your club but I have to say I don't like mud slinging at other clubs where its not justified (especially WAFC) and posts like yours that are, frankly, bollocks. Will miss the banter but this is the last post from me on this site (and I wish Toddy, Tony, Pete, Tez, Alan, Vicki and the many other good folk at 1874 well).

Well fair play Paul. You must have had that one marked and spellchecked bro!

Next game v the Reds is gonna be a good one!

But anyways, seeya next year when you're playing NWCFL!

#WeAre74 #NorthwichGreenAndWhite

Paul in reply to your post of when the photos were taken if you room onto the panaramic photos and room in you will see the fans are wearing blue and yellow scarfs. Err think that is the colour Warrington play in and yes they were playing in there blue away shirts today. So yes I was there and yes there were were approx 150 Warrington fans there. Listen we are trying to upset you but only stating what we saw. If the truth hurts well that's the way it goes. By the way, your number 7 had a cracking first half but sadly he was very quiet in sae ins half. Good game overall and I'd say a fair result. Always nice to watch a game with both eyes open

There was a thread on this site not so long ago about including none present season ticket holders in your attendances so I'd be a bit careful about accusing others about official attendances.

Just to clarify: there was indeed a recent debate about this - but the conclusion was that at 1874 we do not include non-present season ticket holders (though some seemed to think we ought to, to boost our attendances - personally I am happy we don't do this). The debate revolved around the large number of clubs who seem to include such people, whether there or not. I cannot remember if anyone from WA at the time posted the WA approach to this aspect of attendances.

Paul in reply to your post of when the photos were taken if you room onto the panaramic photos and room in you will see the fans are wearing blue and yellow scarfs. Err think that is the colour Warrington play in and yes they were playing in there blue away shirts today. So yes I was there and yes there were were approx 150 Warrington fans there. Listen we are trying to upset you but only stating what we saw. If the truth hurts well that's the way it goes. By the way, your number 7 had a cracking first half but sadly he was very quiet in sae ins half. Good game overall and I'd say a fair result. Always nice to watch a game with both eyes open
I can see two warrington fans with blue and yellow scarfs in your panoramic photos but I will take your word for it that there were 150 there. I walked past the away end at the end of the game and would say there was absolutely max 60 came out from that end but if you say there was 150 fair enough, we all have different opinions.

As for the result we should have been 4 or 5 up before they equalised, their keeper made three "worldies" and we missed a pen before they scored. If you think a draw was a fair result you watched a different game to me but, again, all about opinions. Nice of you to attend though and glad you enjoyed it, you're always welcome. And by the way I don't get upset or hurt about how many away fans are at Wincham Park, I'll be more observant and count next time. :cool:

Back