• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

Never thought I see the day that a Witton fan would cheer on JRFC but then again money is involved.

I'm sure he's not the only one. They're being given silly odds because of the league differences, when in reality they're splurging out on a squad of players that would be playing a lot higher were it not for their silly wage budget.

One Witton fan say's he would't go near a 1887 Witton trust ,he does not even know the history of his club,how many times does it have to be proved the were founded in 1890.The same year as Northwich Victoria and it's about time both clubs altered the foundation dates on their programme's,and in Witton's case at the ground.

All this anger needs channelling I feel.
Not many in the country know about what has gone on at "good ole vics". Maybe now they are in the spotlight it may be a good time to request an article from the excellent David Conn, or actually contact MotD about just how they manage to fund this side and their ground share with no visable means of support?

Well at least HMRC will actually receive tax payments from JRFC's prize money.... Then again their Accountant will have to refresh his addition skills, a very daunting task for anyone only use to subtracting.... :) :) :)

Big game for Witton to-night,they play Northwich Villa or whatever their name is.It should be a close game and will give Albion a taste of the North West Counties league.It's Albions Cup Final but a game they should win,I will go for a 3-2 win for Witton with a gate of 85.

I fancy a game of football but the choice of Witton or Northwich Manchester Knutsford Stafford Villa FC to win isn't much of a choice.

I see on the JRFC forum they are gloating over their win last night and the very positive benefits it will bring such as raising the profile of JRFC and the town and how the club can make a comeback and win back the hearts and minds of the Northwich public and bring back the "Good Old days.

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"

Capt E. Blackadder

Last edited:
All this anger needs channelling I feel.
Not many in the country know about what has gone on at "good ole vics". Maybe now they are in the spotlight it may be a good time to request an article from the excellent David Conn, or actually contact MotD about just how they manage to fund this side and their ground share with no visable means of support?

Completely agree, the media need telling.

I personally think that we should ignore what they are doing and concentrate 100% on our own club, regardless of our own personal opinions on what is going on at vics we need to be more interested in promoting ourselves based on what our club is about rather than talking about vics as I believe we could come across negatively to fans that we are trying to attract.

Hope Witton did not order to many pies for to-night,only 59 fans turned up.

Though, Josh, the counter argument goes that there are too many people out there who still think we are the same club and we need to actively promote ourselves as NOT being the same club.
Anyway, I've just emailed the Northampton paper's news and sports editors to ask them to tell the true story of their "plucky non-league" opponents in round 2.

Though, Josh, the counter argument goes that there are too many people out there who still think we are the same club and we need to actively promote ourselves as NOT being the same.

I agree but that doesn't need to be done by going on about what vics are (or aren't) doing

I think there are two issues here.

Watch Witton, and other clubs, and see what they're doing right and what mistakes are being made. Then learn from that, avoid the pitfalls and where applicable copy the ideas that work.

Re getting the message out. It's a huge job. Someone who I work with congratulated me on last nights result and had to be put right.
From our side we can promote https://1874northwich.com/story_so_far but also need to point people at the recent history of Vics to fully explain the background.
Other than wikipedia, is there an easy to share potted history anywhere?

Sorry but we seem to have gone of topic the thread is Witton in free fall,the discussion about Vics should be in the other thread.

Seems the limelight has been taken off NMVFC over the last few months since Bill Prendergast took over.
About time people were reminded about Woodley Northwich Flixton Manchester Villa FC, question it's owners and financial backers.

Back