• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 v Rochdale

Vicki England

Too much time on my hands
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
Important information for supporters

We have been advised that our kick off time has been brought forward to 2pm on Saturday 2 November.

As per the main club website., the supporters coach will depart at noon, instead of 1pm, from the Memorial Hall.

The following information has been provided by Rochdale's Secretary:

The entrance to the ground at the moment is via Heywood Road/Chadwick Lane, due to improvements being made to the ground at the moment. The postcode for this entrance is OL11 3BY. Rochdale are confident that the car park will be adequate, otherwise car parking will have to be in the adjoining streets.

Please see the Away Travel thread for details of the supporters coach on Saturday, there's a handful of seats left if you don't want to drive.

Rochdale will let us know as soon as possible in the morning, but the thinking at this moment is that it won't be necessary. Let's hope the rain stays away!

Good luck to the lads today and fingers crossed for 3 points.
Can't make it again and doesn't look good for me for the rest of the month but considering recent results it might be better if I stayed away.

Wow. Never seen defending like that before! Awful. People keep saying how good Danny Thomas is, but all I've seen him do is make mistakes and give away goals. Welstead is the only one that seemed to try today.

Danny had a bad day but he wasn't the only one. The worst I've seen jones and Foy play. What were our full backs doing? We gave the ball away so cheaply. Very poor

Wow. Never seen defending like that before! Awful. People keep saying how good Danny Thomas is, but all I've seen him do is make mistakes and give away goals. Welstead is the only one that seemed to try today.
ann

I thought we were the better team but they hit the ball long in the conditions which was probably the best thing to do, We tried to play football but the foot long grass didn't help.
They scored from probably the only 2 shots on target in the second half.
Big chance missed against a very limited team and as above shocking defending.

Could of gone either way we were guilty today of messing around with it to much in our own half Danny Thomas worse game yet hopefullt he will put that behind him. We also made history today for the wrong reason our first own goal by Brandon spectacular own goal

I thought all four goals were preventable, trying to play too much football in our own half in conditions that did not suit.

Sorry Matthew today's own goal was not the first,it was on 10-3-13 at Daisy Hill,and that was also by Mike Brandon.

I thought all four goals were preventable, trying to play too much football in our own half in conditions that did not suit.
spot on paul
but some of the other comments about danny are uncalled for it wasn't danny that was outpaced and turned inside out for the second goal and the centre backs were constantly exposed because the full backs were often caught upfield and out of position
just think we need a plan B when playing on pitches like that

1st goal a fluke, 2nd very poor shape from the flat 4, 3rd a corner from giving a way the ball in a silly position, 4th what was Danny doing? Very poor performance from 1-11. Danny, Mitchell, Foy, Jones, baily all turned in their worst performances to date.

Lets move on. Upwards and onwards

Clueless to why we have reverted back to the back four that we had earlier in the season which shipped goals for fun. Bit unfair on DT to single him out (best of a bad defensive bunch). Full backs always a bit flimsy but why is Lee Duckworth at centre half when Paul Bowyer was solid in that position?

Going forward - there isn't a side in the league with better options, Brandon, Ward, Wellstead, Bailey + Peers (when he's here). But it is futile when you are as ropey at the back as that.

Performance matched the weather... and the facilities - bad.

A performance to forget, playing surface, which also has Rugby played on it, was not to our liking, but that was not they reason for a bad performance. Two fast wide men caused havoc most of the time.

Back