• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 Northwich 3 Chadderton 0

josh89

Too much time on my hands
Jul 27, 2013
Another clean sheet and 3 more goals today plus yet another goal for Mike Brandon, ANOTHER brilliant performance by Matty Ward but I did think that we didn't keep the ball that well today and were sloppy at the back a few times today and Matt Conkie really needs to work on his kicking when the ball is played back to him on the ground, A decent 275 attendance although we were consistently getting 300+ earlier in the season.

To be fair, when you have three home games in one week, it will have an effect on the attendance, as not everyone will be able to go to every one of them and 275, as you said, is still a decent attendance.

Don't think the 2pm kick off helped the attendance. I only found out today!

josh I think that's a little unfair on conkie it cant be easy trying to clear the ball first time of that surface
the ball looks like its rolling down a cobbled street at times
5 clean sheets on the bounce that will do for me

It was his dead ball kicking that was poor and that has nothing to do with the state of the pitch. That said he was only called upon to make one serious save all game and that he did brilliantly. He also commanded his area well and made taking high crosses look so easy!
He's a class act our goalie and I think he'll be inline for a second consequitive goalie of the month award!

les if you look at josh's post he says conkie needs to work on his kicking when the ball is played back to him
not from dead balls
and your spot on with your statement our goalie is a class act
and the statement the defence was sloppy after another clean sheet
is like saying mike Brandon needs to work on his finishing because he had 4 chances and only scored 1 crazy

Josh, we are in the NWCL Div 1!! Your going to see bad defending, poor passing and general bad play at times.
What you are also seeing is 100% effort, and a team lying 2nd due to bloody hard work on the pitch..... hell what do you want for a fiver!!
Last 5 games...5 wins, 17 for, nil against!!
I'd like to see you keep the ball on that pitch!!
275 nearing the end of Nov is brilliant. Next highest in this league...65!!!

les if you look at josh's post he says conkie needs to work on his kicking when the ball is played back to him
not from dead balls
is like saying mike Brandon needs to work on his finishing because he had 4 chances and only scored 1 crazy
The point I was making was that his kicking from back passes was generally ok and the times when he made a bit of a mess was when taking free kicks or goal kicks and you can't blame the pitch for that!

les that's your opinion and I respect that footballs a strange game isn't it
josh thinks his kicking is poor when the balls played back to him
you think his kicking is ok on that side but his kicking is poor from dead ball situations
and I think his kicking is fine all round
in fact his kicking from his hands is brilliant if we had someone with a bit more pace than mike it would be a lethal weapon
I will say this I would not swap him for any other keeper in this league
bad kicking or not

Who cares if Conkie had a bad day with his kicking?! He hasn't conceded a goal for 5 games, easily the best keeper in this league in my opinion, look at the saves he pulled off yesterday.

Another quality performance from all the lads, roll on Nelson!

I gave Conkie a pat on the back after the game for yet another clean sheet. To be inactive for long periods as he was and then pull off a save like that is class.

Thought yesterday was a bit of an average game. Didn't think Chadderton offered that much and felt we were always in control except for about 15 mins at 2-0 when I thought they were perhaps getting into it a bit. The third goal stopped all that.

I think a mention for Craig Farnworth from yesterdays game. He gives 100% every game and is a also a big factor in the clean sheets.

les that's your opinion and I respect that footballs a strange game isn't it
josh thinks his kicking is poor when the balls played back to him
you think his kicking is ok on that side but his kicking is poor from dead ball situations
and I think his kicking is fine all round
in fact his kicking from his hands is brilliant if we had someone with a bit more pace than mike it would be a lethal weapon
I will say this I would not swap him for any other keeper in this league
bad kicking or not

He is a great keeper but his kicking at times is awful which may or may not be down to the pitch, his shot stopping and ball handling is brilliant but his kicking and also decision making at times is really bad however that is something that he can work on.

Still stand by what I said yesterday that Matt's a great keeper but just lacks in a few areas and against better teams could get punished, do agree that Craig is brilliant along with Danny at the back and they can only get better.

not from dead balls

Against better teams the odd mistake that we are making will be punished.

Matt was superb yesterday, as he has been all season. Kicking from a rolling or dead ball situation is always going to be uncomfortable, especially the awful pitch at Winsford.
Have to give credit to the manager, he has rectified the areas that were lacking, and brought in quality. It is a much more entertaining 90 minutes now. One thing with that in mind, I hope that the new signings' fees are not hampering the squad depth? Whilst we've been fortunate in recent fixtures (opponent's down to ten men / poor defensive opposition), we have only listed a couple of substitutes? What happens if Mike is injured early on? Tends to fade late on in games / only player to feature in every game. Liam Newman is only getting 15 minutes here and there at Cheshire League level? Been crying out for an impact substitution since (I hate to say it) Phil Coffin

Good form to take into the run of very tough fixtures. I hope more people can be bothered to turn up.

Tinpot after speaking to phil I think he may be close to a return, I agree that a plan b is needed and Phil's speed is exactly that

5 clean sheets on the bounce and people are talking about signing another no.1 keeper?!

How anyone can criticize Matt Conkie is beyond me. He is one of the most experienced and consistent keepers in our league. His commitment to 1874 Northwich has been evident from the beginning of our journey and his passion should be evedent to all who watch him play. We are lucky to have such commitment from a player.

Back