• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 Northwich 3 Chadderton 0

Where has this sudden and (to me) irrational urge come from to sign another goalkeeper? Is it not enough to have such a good recent defensive record and have the Gk of the Month between the posts? Has Manuel Pellegrini registered on this forum under a pseudonym?

Andy and Vicki,

I didn't actually mean I want to sign the lad from Oldham, I was just saying how good he is

Conkie, as I said before is the best in this league in my opinion:scarf:

How anyone can criticize Matt Conkie is beyond me. He is one of the most experienced and consistent keepers in our league. His commitment to 1874 Northwich has been evident from the beginning of our journey and his passion should be evedent to all who watch him play. We are lucky to have such commitment from a player.

Couldn't say it anybetter my self!

But when he does, he does it brilliantly.
Its not his fault that he has one of the best defences in the league in front of him.

We have a very good shot stopper in Conkie (as shown by the only save he had to make against Chadderton)however, sometimes he is a bit eager to come off his line to 'sweep' up at the back which occasionally gets him and the team into trouble.

Needs to stop rushing his kicking all the time, yes at times it turns defence into attack in one quick movement but sooner or later he is going to get punished on his fairly regular miss-kicking of the ball and if this happens against one of the better teams in the league it could really prove to be the difference between 3pts or none.

But...would I change him?

No.

Reactions: Ben
Back