• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Worksop lose their owner

And now they've resigned from the NPL

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/worksop-town-football-club-19677/

At this rate they'll be no relegated clubs to repreve & we'll be promoted.

Very sad to see Worksop in this position as I think that they have been one of very few 'ever-present' clubs since the competition kicked off in 1968. Ceratinly can't think of any others who have played in the NPL for that a longer number of consecutive seasons that them.

But Edge - many a true word as there are bound to be knock-on impacts around the rest of the pyramid

For instance, will their sad demise now save Stafford who finished 3rd from bottom in the Premier? Will it affect Div 1 N and S and if the latter, assuming Kidsgrove are kept at Step 4 and don't go into the NW Counties Premier, who will fill the vacancy there? One of the two relegated clubs or us?

I've said it before, I would want us to win promotion by right rather than be the subject of the annual AGM Cup and I'm quite looking forward to re-visiting many of the places that we went to last season.

But it is out of our hands so in many respects we will just have to accept whatever decisions are made by the footballing authorities.

It is just a pity that events like those that have occurred at Worksop seem to be happening all too frequently now. Shame for the fans and the local community who will lose the senior club in town after what had been an excellent season.

At least we can be thankful that this cannot happen to our club for unlike others I can mention, we are not wholly reliant or beholden to one man. We've had a gutful of what that can bring you!

Real shame. Notts football not having the best of luck in the last few years, with Retford, Hucknall and Eastwood all experiencing their problems. Hopefully Worksop will be able to regroup a little lower down the pyramid too.

Back