• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Woodley in disguise

Tony1874

Too much time on my hands
Aug 1, 2013
Bit of bitching on the JRFC offal webshite forum about the recent news coverage of 1874 and lack of coverage for a football club from Manchester with Northwich in it's name.

http://nvfc.proboards.com/thread/460/league-fixtures

In my opinion Northwich Flixton Villa FC are Rushe's Woodley FC in disguise and therefore an embarrassment to our town. I can't even find any information on their stand-in chairman or board

Highly amusing comments on there.

While in Flixton they can scarcely be an embarrassment to Northwich, Tony. At most an irrelevance.

They should be grateful that Simmo hasn't covered the accounts recently lodged at Companies House.

Interested by the comment 'most will start watching the real Vics once the season has started'. I'm sure some will switch back to Vics, I'm sure some will try to watch both teams, but will 'most' fans start watching Vics come the start of the season??

'most will start watching the real Vics once the season has started'. I'm sure some will switch back to Vics, I'm sure some will try to watch both teams, but will 'most' fans start watching Vics come the start of the season??

Saturday 17th August 2013

FIRST DIVISION NORTH nwcfl First Division

Northwich VictoriavsPadiham
1874 NorthwichvNelson

Well a week on Saturday we'll all get our first indication perhaps ? ;)

Likewise, it'll be interesting to see how the attendance against Rochdale at the Barton Stadium, when Witton are also at home, hosting Barwell. Not suggesting for a moment that we'll usurp the numbers gathered at WP, that would be sheer hubris and incredibly optimistic into the bargain; but how far apart will the two figures be I wonder?

I thought Flixton Greater Manchester Villa had their own kit, own sponsor (Calor) and own badge? However, they apparently played in JRFC kit against Atherton Collieries. Green and white 'Encia' Tops, white Vics v Charlton shorts with Vics badge and last season socks.
Also had it confirmed that there was no more than 30 at the match and a comment about a dodgy smell coming from the dressing rooms.

Liniment ? :rolleyes: Seem to be two sets of white shorts there too

You are surely not implying that there is a connection between the two clubs?

You are surely not implying that there is a connection between the two clubs?
They share the same changing rooms, share the same pitch, share the same kit, share the same landlord, so why not the same chairman.

I did see one compliment about the Flixton pitch being a fantastic surface but I'm led to believe that its full of weed s.

It amazes me how quick the JRFC are to use their reserve team and the Juniors to promote themselves but are not willing to support them with funds or up to date replica strips........ It's disgraceful.
There are young kids still playing in shirts bought and sponsored by our old Northwich Victoria Supporters Trust. I'm sure they don't mind or even understand the history behind the two clubs, all they want to do is wear their team colours. However if JRFC want to benefit from the positive achievements of the Juniors then surely JRFC should be looking after these assets.

Back