• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Widnes moving home?

Are Halton selling the land to them or giving it away?

Are Halton selling the land to them or giving it away?
Probably leasing it to them I’d think. They’d need a 25 year lease to get funding / grants from the FA.

As far as CWaC is concerned, the problem is that we’ve got so many clubs in the Borough - us, Vics, Chester, Winsford and Vauxhall. So they can’t be seen as favouring one over the other.

But having said this, they still don’t appear to have any long term plan for Moss Farm.

I had many lengthy meetings with Councillors, officers and other MF Tenants (NCC, NRUFC, Cheshire FA back in 2014/15 when we were looking for possible sites for a future home for 74. The official I dealt with at the time was very negative and it was always a case of why things couldn’t be done as opposed to the art of the possible.

MF is still a major headache for CWaC/Brio in that I don’t think that they are any further on with developing a master plan for the site and through this trying to seek funding to create a first class sporting facility for the town - which may include a permanent home for 74.

It will be far from straightforward as there will bound to be understandable opposition from local residents, and issues such as parking, highway access etc will have to be considered.

But if you’ve been down to MF on a Saturday morning when the girls football games are being played, there are cars everywhere. And given what we see at Barnton, our homes games don’t generate anywhere near the issues as occur re parking at MF on Saturday mornings.

Without a doubt Moss Farm is the place where the club/s would progress with increased crowds and everything that goes with it, this is where any merged team should play, my view is still that cwac do show favour to Chester as they rent them a ground and don't seem to assist anyone else as far as i know but i could be wrong.

There is loads of space where the old all weather pitch and enclosed pitch stand unused which would make a really good community facility.

Without a doubt Moss Farm is the place where the club/s would progress with increased crowds and everything that goes with it, this is where any merged team should play, my view is still that cwac do show favour to Chester as they rent them a ground and don't seem to assist anyone else as far as i know but i could be wrong.

There is loads of space where the old all weather pitch and enclosed pitch stand unused which would make a really good community facility.
If only it were that easy Phil!

You’ve got to look it from the view of others, particularly Northwich RUFC who have been using MF for years, have legal leases / agreements on place with CWaC to ensure security of tenure and have their own plans to develop and improve their facilities.

Just because we are 74 doesn’t mean that we can go in to any discussions with CWaC and others demanding this, that and the other. We have got to demonstrate that we have something to bring to the table and are part of any solution to the MF conundrum.

Back