• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Where are they now?

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
Just a little thread I wanted to start where we can post any former players doings, e.g. Dean McGregor and Ste Crane are playing for Wythenshawe and Fred's favourite Phil Coffin has retired from football

Any others that you know about, post below!

Saki and Craig playing for daisy hill (unfortunately)

Connor Tagoe is at Barnton and Lee Hendley is now playing for West Didsbury and Chorlton

This article by Garry Clarke appeared in our EVER GLORIOUS programme for the Runcorn Linnets game in September:

WHERE ARE THEY NOW? BY GARRY CLARKE
A few Saturdays ago, when 1874 Northwich were playing on a Sunday, I ventured out to watch a Cheshire League game, which featured two former 1874 Northwich players on opposing sides.
Witnessing the two former team mates do battle got me thinking as to where other players no longer representing our favourite club are currently playing
Watching Eagle Sports play Rudheath Social in a Cheshire League game I saw Stuart Wellstead (39 appearances last season) playing for Eagle Sports, Stuart has of course returned to the 1874 fold. Playing for Eagle’s opposition on that August Saturday, Rudheath Social, was Ryan Broadhead (1 appearance last season plus a pre-season friendly this season).

Five other former 1874 Northwich players are registered with Rudheath Social, although they did not play against Eagle Sports. They are Lewis Morano (1 game), Jack McKay (14 games), Jake Linaker (inaugural game against Lostock Gralam), Ray McDonald (pre-season friendlies this year) and Chris Latham (non playing substitute against Eccleshall).
Other former 1874 Northwich players who are playing in the Cheshire League include Dave Tickle (6 games) and Kyle Wilding (1 game), who are both playing for Lostock Gralam. Chris Lunn (7 games) is currently playing for Middlewich Town while Ryan Barry (2 games) and Chris Rowley (1 game) are playing for Altrincham Reserves. Scorer of 1874 Northwich’s first ever goal Anthony Marshall (6 games) is strutting his stuff for Sandbach United, who also have Liam Newman (1 game) on their playing register.
Daley Woods (16 games) has crossed the border to join Welsh Alliance club Penycae, where one of his team mates is Adam Bayley (pre-season friendly appearance this year) at a club managed by former Vics favourite Steve Walters.

Another former 1874er being guided by a former Vics hero is Tom Peers (14 games) who, although currently on loan at Hednesford Town, is managed at Chester by Steve Burr.
In the NWCFL former 1874 players can be found at West Didsbury & Chorlton – Lee Hendley (5 games), Barnton – Connor Tagoe (2 games) and Cammell Laird 1903 – Mike Langley (pre season friendlies last year).

Seeing as 66 players have represented 1874 Northwich (as at 17th September 2014) in either competitive or friendly games they will be many more, other than those listed above, turning out for other clubs at various levels and given the frequency with which players at this level of football switch clubs on a regular basis (some may even follow Wellstead’s example and return to the green, black and white), when we have information about them a further article will follow.

Jack McKay has signed for Eccleshall - managed by his former Rudheath boss Steve Lloyd.

Kurtis Gill has signed for Barnton

Back