• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

What this Club means to people……

Vicki England

Too much time on my hands
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
This afternoon, the Chairman and I attended the funeral service of Dave Collie. Dave was a really lovely guy and a massive Northwicher.

Like us all, Dave followed 'our Vics' for many years. In November 2012, he decided to put his support into forming 1874 Northwich and didn’t look back. He attended every home game with his good friend John Reeney and was a regular on the Away Travel service.

Dave had been poorly for some time, but told his family that 1874 kept him going. His last game was Maine Road, he struggled to get there but was determined to make it.

Today, his coffin was adorned with green and white flowers, his 1874 Northwich scarf was draped across the top. We heard from his wife that he was dressed in his 74 shirt and also had his bob hat on. His passion for 1874 was mentioned in the service, along with his joy of being part of the 74 family.

It was incredibly moving and made Paul and I realise what this club means to people. I hope that the lads can put in a shift for him tonight.

We can all have our moments where we may be disappointed at a result or a performance. Or maybe something that the club has, or hasn’t, done. But remember what a special football club we have, made by incredible people, whether with us on the terrace now or watching from above. It certainly brought it home to me today.

Condolences go out to the family such sad news sure the lads will do him proud tonight is there a chance a minutes silence at tonight's game or our next home game?

We did hold a minute's silence at our last home game Matt, and I'm pleased to say that Dave's daughter was there. She was moved by everyones thoughts.

Back