• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

We're going to need a bigger bin

I note there is no mention of additional car parking in the plans. Alan and I both have "fond" memories of what must've been Vics last visit there? Terrible surface and I think we're both still recovering from the open-wallet surgery they performed on us for the privilege of parking. £4 Al (?) and not even a steward to direct you into a space!

Serious question this as I don't know the area well (Alan M - you're nearest?) where do they get their support from and the customers for a facility like this? Not exactly on Stroud' s doorstep and Nailsworth isn't big is it?

Am I really nearest?! It didn't feel like that when I rather rashly decided to pop across to watch that night match and got home around 1 am. Mind you, that was probably after digging the car out of the swamp of a field they charged me to park the car in. My most vivid recollection is having to spend two hours the next morning cleaning the car. Happy days.

This is certainly an ambitious project, but I imagine the football side of things is quite a minor part.

As to where they get their fans from, maybe there is so little else to do in the area? That is not an (entirely) derogatory comment (Nailsworth is hardly a bustling metropolis) - but there are few other major sporting attractions and certainly no prominent 'League' clubs to attract people elsewhere. Don't know what their attendances are like, guessing around 1200-1400? That must be 20% of the population, which is a very good proportion. They must be good veggieburgers.

Back