• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Well done

mossip

Sep 30, 2014
Hi, I'd just like to say congratulations on a really well run club. I'm a Runcorn Linnets fan and enjoyed watching our first match against each other a few weeks ago.
It was a great crowd and a brilliant atmosphere (shame about the weather though). I have to say, I'm really impressed with the club on and off the field. The crest/kit looks fantastic and you're an exciting team to watch. To be where you are now in such a small amount of time is a credit to your team and fans. I'm really looking forward to the return leg at our place, hopefully we will be playing a bit better then (I think if I was an 1874 fan, i would have been disappointed with a point in the last game as I thought you were the better side).
Its a shame that two sides don't get promoted from this league as I think it's likely that one of us will go up and we might not get another derby game between us for a while. If none of us go up, it will probably be glossop, who are another good side with a decent following (and I will certainly miss going up there for one of their famous pies).
Can I just ask though...
1, did you more or less have the same squad last season and if so, why do you think you didn't win the league considering how well you are doing in this league?
2, Are there any plans in place to get a ground in Northwich yet?

Thanks, I enjoyed the game, great to see a team visit with a great following!

1. The core of the squad is the same, one or two very good additions such as beadle and chapel. Last season it took us 5 or 6 games to properly settle and drew quite a few games we should have won. There are also a few players from last season that have improved immensely this season such as Woolley.

2. Im not the best to answer that one.

Hi, I'd just like to say congratulations on a really well run club. I'm a Runcorn Linnets fan and enjoyed watching our first match against each other a few weeks ago.
It was a great crowd and a brilliant atmosphere (shame about the weather though). I have to say, I'm really impressed with the club on and off the field. The crest/kit looks fantastic and you're an exciting team to watch. To be where you are now in such a small amount of time is a credit to your team and fans. I'm really looking forward to the return leg at our place, hopefully we will be playing a bit better then (I think if I was an 1874 fan, i would have been disappointed with a point in the last game as I thought you were the better side).
Its a shame that two sides don't get promoted from this league as I think it's likely that one of us will go up and we might not get another derby game between us for a while. If none of us go up, it will probably be glossop, who are another good side with a decent following (and I will certainly miss going up there for one of their famous pies).
Can I just ask though...
1, did you more or less have the same squad last season and if so, why do you think you didn't win the league considering how well you are doing in this league?
2, Are there any plans in place to get a ground in Northwich yet?

1. Only two players has left from the squad which ended the season, which is Connor Tagoe and Daley Woods, the rest have stayed, Matty Beadle, Neil Chappell, Paul Connor and James Fossdyke are new to the squad, that is excluding Josh Crofts who is sort of on loan from W*tton Alb*on ;)

2. Plans for a ground...well, sort of, we are looking in to multiple locations, I think. Someone on the board could clarify, but still quite a few years off I think.

Cheers for the kind words, was good to see an away following!

I was impressed by Runcorn Linnets fans and the team, you should be proud to follow a great team and look forward to when we play each other again. We are a new club but we have done really well since we started, we are all proud of our club and supporters alike. We had a good team last year but at times didn't play as well as we knew we could. Our defeat to AFC Liverpool a few weeks ago we should of won but didn't play our best, but this was our first home league defeat of the whole 2014 so shows what we are capable of. Good luck for the season and hope we are both fighting for top spot come the end. :scarf:

good luck to you lot too, I think it might go to the wire this season with at least 3 fighting it out.
I can see 1874 really taking off when you have your own ground. With the fan base as large as it is and your playing outside your home town, it can only get better when you move to the town but one step at a time ey.
maybe you guys could look into a grant similar to what we got for our ground. I'm sure your board are looking into those possibilities though.
thanks for the replys

Thanks for taking the time to give your thoughts Mossip, it is very much appreciated. Last Tuesday was a great advert for our League, two committed sides with fantastic numbers following each team.

You have worked very hard to get where you are and you must be proud of your achievements. I know your Club was very helpful to us when we were setting up and that won't be forgotten. Isn't it fantastic that the fans run their own club?!!!

Our aim is to return to Northwich, it will take time but we will get there. We are over the moon with how things have gone so far. As fans from the green side, we have experienced many lows so we are determined to 'do things the right way' and enjoy every moment.

I'm looking forward to the return game in February, it should be a cracker!

Cheers and all the best

Back