• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Was it a goal today

Aug 7, 2013
Surprised no one has mentioned it but the early goal mouth scramble and the Formby net bulging - amazed wasn't a goal !!!

Solid shift by all and fantastic commitment - no service for Brandon and co upfront - rubbish pitch didn't help

A great day though - still think we will do it !!!

Ps been to nearly all the away grounds now and not one does a better pie than our own club

When I saw the net bulge it was low down, and at that point the ball was in the air somewhere around the goal line. Must have been a body.

The pies looked very unappetising, I admit. I stocked up at Birtwisle's in the morning. An Easter treat awaits ...

Thought it was a goal but no reaction or response from the players so must have been a body.

Aldi Cheese and Onion pie was terrifying.... ;-) Nothing can beat a Birtwisle's

Great to see you and glad you got back home safely Alan

I was behind the goal walking back to the green stand when this happened, 100% over the line, officials in a very poor position

I've seen it back several times now, slowed down and am still not sure! The liner was on the goal line as it was a delivery from a corner, so was in a good position, the ref on the edge of the box, where he should have been. They get a split second to view and have to be CERTAIN that it has crossed the line. No goal line tech at our level folks, for me - no goal. If we don't go up this season it won't be that decision that costs us.

Hopefully have the highlights uploaded by tomorrow afternoon, still have to finish editing, and uploading to YouTube takes about 6 hrs!

And I still have to find some time to go to a 65th birthday party this evening

Maybe something to do with the four or five players in the goal. If you can wait till tomorrow, you can make your own minds up, but is it going to make any difference? Still no goal.

We know it wont make any difference Chris but it will lead to debate.
Get a move on and get the video posted, how hard is it........ lol

Thought it was a goal but no reaction or response from the players so must have been a body.

Aldi Cheese and Onion pie was terrifying.... ;-) Nothing can beat a Birtwisle's

Great to see you and glad you got back home safely Alan
Have to disagree about Birtwisles-not as good as they used to be. Prefer Webb's.

I have spent some time watching my own footage tonight and have come to the conclusion that it was most definitely NOT a goal. I believe the 74 players were in fact appealing for a handball by the Formby no.5. The ball is swung in, the goalkeeper comes to catch, but makes a fist of it, the ball hits the ground and bounces up in front of the no.5 who is stood on, or just in front of the goal line, before it is cleared. The view is partially blocked by the goalie, but I think the ball could have hit his arm and that's why the players were appealing. The net bulging, I think, is one of our players raising his arm to appeal whilst over the goal line.

As I tried to post earlier, (Thanks Mark) I will be down for the game on Thursday. For anyone who is interested, I will bring my laptop down, and you can see it for yourselves.

Back