• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

To the players...

Vicki England

Too much time on my hands
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
I want to say now, before the last three games and before League placings are settled......

A 100%, massive, THANK YOU to our players for all their efforts this season. They have been fantastic, they've played some terrific football, dug wins out when needed and have given us all so many great moments. They are a cracking set of lads, who have bought in to 1874 and I am completely proud of every one of them.

Win, lose or draw on Saturday, Monday and Thursday, I know our supporters will appreciate everything they have achieved and will back them all the way to the final applause against Holker.

Agree with you one hundred percent Vicki. As I keep saying, we've come a long way in under 18 months. As gut wrenching as it will be if we don't win promotion this time around, we have a great club owned by us the fans.

This season has restored my faith in football and community after the years of cynicism and greed that destroyed my club "The Vics" and gave me back a reason to read a match report and check a league table.

It hasn't been easy to transfer my allegiances, but the board behind 1874 have done a terrific job in erasing all the negativity produced by the last few years and put the fun back into watching football again.

Thanks and good luck.

COYG

Back