• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

The promotion race

In which position do you think we will finish?

• Champions

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Runners Up (2nd Promotion Spot)

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Third

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Fourth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve Rees-Smith

Legend
5 Game Player
Aug 3, 2013
The requirements for each of the teams in the top five have been well summarised over on Nelson's website, following our victory at Hanley Town on Tuesday night:
http://www.nelsonfootballclub.co.uk/news/the-promotion-race-1187883.html

Nelson - Possible total 89 points
Formby - Possible total 89 points*
1874 Northwich - Possible total 86 points*

The best of the new teams in the league are very much in the hunt after beating Hanley, they have 7 games left including two games against Holker and a crunch tie with Formby. However, 1874 do need the top 2 to drop points and their low goal difference means they will need to out-point the others rather than draw level. No ground grading issues expected as they play at Winsford.
Hanley - Possible total 82 points
Atherton Collieries - Possible total 79 points

1874 and Formby will NOT both achieve the maximum points available as they play each other on the 19th of April.

So for the purposes of healthy debate, and to discover who is a secret psychic and who hasn't got a Scooby-Doo, I've set up a poll to distinguish people's views on where we will finish in our inaugural season.

The poll will close on Tuesday night, ahead of Wednesday's match at home to Eccleshall.

74, Nelson and Formby all deserve to go up. I think we'll finish 3rd by just a point or two. Not bad for our first season, eh?! But next year, I think we could have an even better season.

I think we have a good chance to finish second Formby have to play us..
darwen who recently beat them in the cup.. Rochdale... Holker and colls
any one of them are capable of taking points from Formby
so whoever wins the game between us and Formby will finish second in my opinion
providing we can do the job at holker tomorrow

Cigarette paper between all three teams. One small slip hands the advantage to the other other two. So why can't we finish top of the pile? #sevengamestomeetourdestiny :scarf:

I'm like Tim. My heart says 2nd but my head 3rd. Whatever the outcome, we've had a terrific first season on and off the pitch and there's always next year.

Ditto, but who knows ...?

Come on Rochdale ...

Back