• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

The FC's Gazette

Richard Goddard

Oct 28, 2014
Hi

I am an admirer of all fan owned club's and have started a blog about my ground-hopping to watch as many matches as possible involving them. Including of course yourselves. And would appreciate the readership of you all. The address is: thefcsgazette.blogspot.com

Won't say no to making new friends along the way either.

Thanks

Hi Richard,
Always happy to help out a Sheffield lad, so I've posted your blog on FB and Twitter.
I have recently adopted Sheffield as my second home and will be visiting this weekend with another 1874 fan to sample your real ale at the Beer Festival.

Noticed that you're a supporter of Barcelona but which side of the Sheffield divide do you support?

Barcelona are one of my armchair teams. Only been to Nou Camp that once. When they were only playing some Spanish 3rd tier in their 'FA Cup'.

Used to watch Wednesday owing to family tradition. However, I actually gave up going because I had a tendency to take results too seriously. The Wednesday fan in me will only die completely when the rest of me does.

Obviously I'll have to find out about this beer festival you mention. I usually have difficulty walking past the Sheffield Tap when heading to or from a train. My plans for the weekend are that I am off to London for the day on Saturday. Then Sunday & Monday I have the ground hops as mentioned in the blog. So I'll see about looking in on the beer festival after the Sunday game at Barnsley.

Only in Sheffield until Sunday morning then back to the Barton Stadium for the FA Vase on Sunday afternoon, so maybe another time.

Back