• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Synners fans say thank you 1874

J

JayWoff88

thank you for having us today.

first up congratulations on the victory I personally thought it was deserved.

I did feel we were weakened today as we didn't have our main goalkeeper. he's on loan from Darlington and wasnt allowed to play. also our main striker was missing. but I still thought we gave a decent game.

loved my time at the ground. i didnt catch this fellas name but before kick off I was speaking to an elderly guy who worked at ICI down your way and would sometimes travel to Billingham ICI to work here too. he said he drank in a pub called the ICI club which is now called the synthonia club which is now my local club I drink in.

thismorning at 9:30 we set off from billingham and had to pick a player up on the way. that player was Austin Johnson. who isn't our usual center back. he turned up 30mins late. for some reason he got a start in the game and all match he was wound up. what he did after full time shouldn't of happened and we as a club apologise for the behaviour. and he will serve his suspension after the referees report is filed.

a nice little ground you have there and alot of friendly fans who were willing to approach me and my friends and talk to us.

so I say thank you for having us and I hope we weren't too much trouble and hope to meet again one day down the line.

and ps. someone teach your drummer a few more beats hahaha.
all joking aside I set my synners flags up where the drummer was and decided to move to the other side as I knew I could t make a tiny bit of noise with the size of that drum

good luck lads in all future fixtures. brilliant little club.

all the best

Jay.

Hi Jay

Thanks for the message and for being very sporting, much appreciated!

My first contact with your club was through your Secretary Graham and straight away, I realised what a good set of people you are. Graham was fantastic to deal with and we chatted for ages about our clubs and towns (and ICI) and the FA Cup match in '88 when you visited the Drill Field.

It was lovely to meet your supporters and officials yesterday, what a smashing bunch. Your players and management team were also really good and wished us well before they left. You don't always get that when a team has lost a game, so fair play and much respect to them. They were a tough opponent on the field!

We are only a young club but we have been fortunate to make a few friends in football so far. Billingham Synthonia FC is now very much in that list and we will be looking out for your progress in the future. And of course, playing in the best colour in the world gives us another mutual link. Come on you GREENS!

All the best for the rest of the season

I can't believe that FA Cup match was nearly 30years ago!

Back