• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Slightly disappointed

Pete

I Live Here
Jul 27, 2013
Bit disappointing that there has been no response to people saying there is a problem with the newsletter. If it can't be fixed could we be told why? Also it is still not readable on the club website.

The truth is that we're not sure whether it's fixed or not as the issue is not our side, but recipients spam filters falsely labelling the newsletter as spam (which is the reason why some people receive it and others don't).
We've tried an additional setting to mark it as 'not spam' but the only way we will know for sure if it's worked is when we send the newsletter out again this week.

Apologies for your missing news.

Pete, I think the website problem must be at your end too, as I can read all the newsletters via the club website. Have you tried something as daft as a different browser?

If its any consolation , I haven't received my newsletter for the last 2 weeks. I did flag up this up as an issue with both Mark and Brian, but as Mark has explained above, we are trying our best to resolve this issue. However, I will bring this up at the board meeting tonight under AOB

Last edited:
The problem affecting transmission of the Newsletter appears, at least for me, to have been resolved. I am back in the circulation with receipt of Issue No. 76 yesterday evening - many thanks.

Mine has also re-appeared again this week. I put the e-mail address in my address book to stop it being blocked as spam. Thanks
However, the newsletter on the club website is still faulty. The right hand edge of the newsletter is still not showing unless you scroll right down to the bottom where a 'slide bar' appears. If you move it to reveal the right hand side you then lose the other side!

Bit disappointing that there has been no response to people saying there is a problem with the newsletter. If it can't be fixed could we be told why? Also it is still not readable on the club website.

Pete, sorry for not replying sooner but I've been out of the country for the last week.
It looks like the changes Mark did last week have fixed the problem with the newsletter being sent.

I'll have a look at the problem viewing via the club site shortly.

The problem with viewing the newsletter letter archive should now have been resolved.

Gremlins alive and well in my in-box. No newsletter!

Cheers Alan :arghh

We've changed nothing at since last week - other than I sent it out tonight.
I've received a copy to my spare email address, but not my main one but I can't see anything obviously wrong.

The really annoying thing is if I send a test newsletter out then it works fine.

Back