• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Silsden...you should be ashamed!!

Blackie

Too much time on my hands
Aug 5, 2013
a 2-1 win....it wasn't pretty and not filled with skill, but when you get a team that just wants to disrupt the game as much as they can and fall to the ground at every opportunity then taking the 3 points is all that sweeter!
The ref was absolutely shocking, fell for every pathetic dive going and missed all the shoving Beadle had to take in the back!
Silsden management team are a disgrace if that's how they are coaching their players to act!!
Thank god on this occasion justice was served.
Pity the keeper wasn't as quick at diving as their no:10 was!!

Just want to pick up on our attendance tonight...

It was higher than 3 of the 5 Evo Stik Premier attendances tonight, and higher 5 of the 6 (One of them being Witton) Evo Stik North attendances and ALL of the Evo Stik South attendances. And near enough double every crowd in the NWC tonight.

Brilliant for a 3 year old club playing out of town if you ask me!:scarf:

I'm quite greedy with attendances lol I would rather us be getting 230-250 fairly consistently on a week night and 300+ for weekend games but I think we'll get there

I didn't turn up until the last 20 minutes, after the crowd would've been counted, so technically, we had 207 tonight! Josh has got a point in that we'd want the crowds to be a bit higher, of course we do, but with what Jack Owen has pointed out, comparing our crowds to other clubs in higher leagues and it doesn't look too shabby. I'm also quite pleased with our mid-week crowds recently. After we had a sub 200 crowd in the league last season, I thought we would be getting a few more of them this season, but it does seem that we do have a core group of 200 or so fans that'll turn up to mid-week games even if we don't have much to play for.

Onto the game, or what I managed to see of it rather, we seemed alright and a good goal by Beads to win it, but from what I was told at the ground and read elsewhere, we didn't have good officials, Silsden were diving throughout the whole game and we weren't exactly good, but will take the win. Does that sound about right?

I'll take crowds of 200+ in midweek with not that much to play for. Very respectable.

Anyone know if the 50/50 was claimed tonight as I have just found two tickets (16480/16481) in my pocket.

I'll take crowds of 200+ in midweek with not that much to play for. Very respectable.
So would most other teams by the looks of it.....including witton!

Yeah it was a win. Yeah the ref was the worst I've seen in a long time.

But, let's not let that cover the fact that we were poor. Again.

Boring negative football week in week out. That's why the crowds are dropping. That boring negative football let a shocking silsden side almost grab a draw.

Always thought that LInesmen were there to ADVISE the Ref, but now it seems that they wait to see what he blows for before raising !!.
Oh well, rules must have changed over the many years since I was playing the noble game !!.

Boring negative football week in week out. That's why the crowds are dropping. That boring negative football let a shocking silsden side almost grab a draw.
Yes it was a scruffy win and yes Silsden did play act a bit and yes the Ref was awful (Same Ref that allowed the Ashton v Alsager game go ahead and totally ruin their pitch) but it was far from negative or boring. The points made by Jack, Jack H and Ben above re the attendance are valid, we are out of the title race and only the MCDC to play for. 200+ will do me.
We did play better against Colne but the performance last night was ok. We had far more possession again but we just didn't get into very many clear shooting chances. Greg had less to do than their goalie but made more saves, one outstanding at the beginning of the second half. Their goalie was taking dead balls and collecting through balls etc.
Overall another good 3 points.

Always thought that LInesmen were there to ADVISE the Ref, but now it seems that they wait to see what he blows for before raising !!.
Oh well, rules must have changed over the many years since I was playing the noble game !!.
Frank, the Liner told us during the game that the Ref only wanted offsides and in and outs!
Says it all really, it was HIS game!

This is nwcfl football played on an awful bobbly surface!
Your not going to get fast free flowing football on that surface, and if we try a long ball tactic everyone moans about that!
Talk about can't win!
I thought the players did the best they could under the conditions that had.
Combine that with a team that wanted to spoil the game at every opportunity then it wasn't bad for £6!

The point I'm making is the one up front. We all see the gulf in difference between 1 up front and 2 up front.

Not critizising the players or the efforts. Got arguably the best squad in the league. I'm critizising the style in which they're being asked to play by the management team.

Do you really think Beadle wants to play isolated on his own upfront? I'd guess not.

Think you are just spoilt mate with the Wire this season... :)

... should be a belter on Friday

Think you are just spoilt mate with the Wire this season... :)

... should be a belter on Friday

:D Maybe you're right haha

And yeah, should be a great game against the noisey neighbors

Last edited:
Back