• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Saturday 26th

Tony1874

Too much time on my hands
Aug 1, 2013
I'm not intending to travel to Burscough to watch Formby's match against Cols and I'm not going to sit in the house stressing over updates, instead I'm contemplating going to watch Winsford at their last game of the season.

People forget that its been a similar story for Winsford, having to bring in a new manager and build a new team from scrath, what they have achieved should be congratulated.

Anyway, I would much prefer to be amoungst friends when we celebrate our final position in our very first season, so is anyone else interested in going to the Barton Stadium.

Reactions: Tez
Like your thinking Tony. Sadly I won't be at either. Don't think I'll stay glued to the PC on Saturday, biting my nails, either. Fate (or Holker) will take it's course one way or another now. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

Tony, may well see you at Winsford. Just have to put off the diy and gardening for one more Saturday afternoon.

Know what you mean mate, after this Saturday its back to community projects, Orchard maintenence, Canal and River clean ups.

Hope to see you at Winsford

Sorry, we're all Colls fans for the day if Thursdays result is in our favour. We've got to go watch it.

Then I'll expect balanced live updates.... ;-)

I'd be careful lads if colls beat them and your there cheering colls on it could get nasty

I'm going fishing and contemplating leaving my phone in the car! I need to get away from all sources of information regarding the match until the result is final.

But firstly, let's remember that we still have a job to do on Thursday night against a side that has lost just four of 16 on their travels. They won at Rochdale Town too - only three other sides have done that this season.

But firstly, let's remember that we still have a job to do on Thursday night against a side that has lost just four of 16 on their travels. They won at Rochdale Town too - only three other sides have done that this season.

I agree, we shouldn't underestimate Holker, but in fairness last night's result was against a Rochdale team who've played every day (?) barring Friday and Sunday for the last fortnight at least.

Why would Colls want us to go up? It will be a better "pay day" to look forward to for them next year

Perhaps a bit unfair on Colls. I feel sure they will want to finish the season on a high note and get the best result they are capable of on the day. I honestly don't think any of the players or management will have next season's gate money at the forefront of their thoughts.

Back