• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Runcorn away tonight!

Richard Stockton

I Live Here
1874 Official
Aug 3, 2013
First off all congratulations too Ian and the lads for a great performance. Thought everyone played exceptionally well tonight, it was a pleasure to watch. Thought Danny and Mitch battled really well and gave it there all. The goals were taken well, it's always exciting against Runcorn town sending off's etc. Anyway over too Mr Alan Riding for a more rounded conclusion!

Last edited:
Echo that above, very good performance from the team from start to finish. Our games against these lot always end up being eventful, couple of reds, 2 goals and an outfield player going in goal.

I do hope the 2 players that collided weren't too badly hurt. They were down on the ground for about 10 minutes, but it was great that they walked off (after the keeper decided to stay on!).

Also great to see a good away support from our lot tonight. Roll on saturday.

Wish we could play every match away, we always play better and we would walk this league!

Great result that puts us right in there! Runcorn must be sick of the sight of us by now!!!!
Team seem to be clicking at last.
Noticed the subs bench has been light on last two games and no Eddie Moran last night.....holidays??
Nice easy one against Barnoldswick on sat!!!
COYG!! :scarf::scarf::scarf:

4-4-2. That's all I'm saying. ;)

Gutted not to have made it - events beyond my control :( - Congratulations to Ian and the team - A brilliant result.

Greg Hall seems a bit twitchy with his kicking at the mo!

Good result, even better that we didn't get involved when they got nasty at the end. In years past we'd have ended up with a couple of reds too, so well done for holding back!

It's September and we've dropped the fewest points of anyone in the league, that's a massive step up from this time last year!

Goal Cams
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well done to all last night. Some great individual performances and all round a great team effort. Not to many teams will come away from Pavilions with 3 points.
Runcorn play to their strengths, long ball and fast runners but our back line were well up to the job last night.
Second half, Runcorn threw everything at us, not surprisingly. They are never going to just lie down and make it easy.
New players coming in will take time to gell, however things are improving each game.

Thought that the game got a bit scrappy after the injury delay and we didn't test their sub goalie enough but we kept our concentration defensively and got the 3 points so well done to the lads

This time last week after the Colne game, in frustration, I was asking whether all of our players were up for the game?
Last night we saw passion, determination and commitment from all of them. They certainly wanted to beat Runcorn Town and showed it.

My first praise is for the back four. They withstood the onslaught in the second half and came out on top. An extra special mention for Ryan Mitchell. I think he has been below par so far this season and I am sure knowing his personality he would have been disappointed himself with the early games. But last night he was immense, a real full bloodied performance from start to finish and intercepted with one brilliant challenge. Well done "Mitch" I hope you got man of the match and not Danny again! Although he played well also.

We took the game to them from the first whistle to the end of the first half and were rewarded with a class goal from Scott. Ian please play him every week! Things happen when he's chasing and harassing.

It was unfortunate for them and the game when their two lads collided as this did subdue the game for a while and then they took the initiative and came on to us more and more. The sendings off really pegged them back and our second goal killed them off.

A great 3 points that was hard fought for. Hopefully we can add to it on Saturday with a win.

Well done lads this supporter was happy as Larry last night!

Yes good performance especially first half then dug in a bit second half
Good 74 turnout as well
Well done to all See you Saturday

Back