• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Prescot Cables (A) - Tues 26th July

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
image.jpeg

Tomorrow, 1874 travel to Mersyside to take on Evo-Stik North side Prescot Cables.

Cables have had a decent pre-season so far and are predicted to be challenging towards the play offs this coming season.

This should be a very tough test for the 74, safe trip to all fans making the journey to Prescot, and lets hope the lads can put in another top perfomance against higher ranked opponents!

Finished 1-1, played well and probably should have won the game according to twitter

Very much a game of two halves tonight, much better second half once we made changes, Tom Bailey is a real threat upfront and continues to really impress.

The whole squad is looking ready for the big FA Cup derby vs Barnton in two weeks, one last test vs Cefn Druids this Saturday.

Still unbeaten...

For info and comparison - Abbey Hey 0 Kidsgrove 3 tonight though certainly no walkover .AH played some good passing stuff and had several players who looked to beat their man ( and did at times). Tidy outfit,very good pitch to look forward to also

Very much a game of two halves tonight, much better second half once we made changes, Tom Bailey is a real threat upfront and continues to really impress.

The whole squad is looking ready for the big FA Cup derby vs Barnton in two weeks, one last test vs Cefn Druids this Saturday.

Still unbeaten...

Agree with what you say Jack, second half we played a bit better; but what we need to remember is that neither team that played last night would have been our strongest 'starting' 11, it was a combination of our squad, so shows the strength in depth that we have available to us to hold a team in a higher league... missing a couple who I would have considered part of our strongest team (i.e. Mitch, Jones and Hinds)

Can't wait for the season to start properly!!

Looking forward to Saturday as not had chance to see the new lads play but have all done very well and settled in really well

Back