• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Player movements

Vicki England

Too much time on my hands
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
Folks

As you have now seen (through the social media sites) we have had player movements over the last week or so. A couple of lads have come in and three have left. I will leave Ian or Paul, through the programme or the Newsletter, to explain more in due course.

The three lads that have left us, will be fondly remembered as real fans favourites. They will be mentioned in our history books as helping us to gain promotion. Not only are they good players, but they are thoroughly cracking lads off the pitch too. I know everyone will join me in wishing them well.

To the two lads that have joined - welcome to the 74 family :scarf:

Can't understand what Ian, Lee and Paul are thinking, 3 players who have been fantastic for the club! Seems a strange decision

Hopefully one of the three management team will come out and explain it to us.

At some point, one of them will provide an update, as they have done previously. These boys have been fantastic for the Club, but there are always reasons why things work out the way they do.

The main thing is, our Management Team have made good decisions so far and are leading us in the right direction

At this level no-one wants to sit on the bench when they want to play and can get a game at another club.
And if you dont even get on the bench, it is really depressing.
But managers have to go for the players they think are the best.

Reactions: Ben
Ian has and is doing a fantastic job - he has created his own problem by attracting TOO many excellent players to the club and only 11 can play at one time. We will never keep the whole squad happy and I think everyone knows that. But from what we have seen, Ian is doing an amazing job at juggling 20 balls at a time!

Josh, What would you have us do? Keep a squad of 25 or so paying them a retainer to stay with us. Where do you think the club would end up financially? Maybe playing in Flixton!!

This is what happens at a football club... Players come and go, there will obviously be good reason as to why each of the players has gone; Ian is the gaffer and it's his job to make the decisions, I for one trust his decisions and I'm sure they are made with the football club in mind. Would also like to thank the three players who have gone for their commitment and desire over the season(s) certainly give them each a warm reception when they play against us

Last edited:
I for one have 100% faith in Streety and the rest of the management team. He has gained one promotion in our first ever season as a football club, assembled a very impressive squad this campaign (stronger than last season) and has helped bring the good times back to all fans of the greens. Big well done from me!

This is what happens at a football club... Players come and go, there will obviously be good reason as to why each of the players has gone; Ian is the gaffer and it's his job to make the decisions, I for one trust his decisions and I'm sure they are made with the football club in mind. Would also like to thank the three players who have gone for their commitment and desire over the season(s) certainly give them each a warm reception when we play against us

Simon - agree with you 100%. Ian is in charge and we must trust him with managing the playing side.

We don't know about what goes on on match days, training and in other times but Ian and his management team do.

So far, his decisions ain't been too shabby and in IMHO his recent signings have strengthened the side. Sure, you could have made an argument about trying to keep Sakk and Rick, but they would have been squad players and it would have been difficult to keep them happy on the bench when we've got equally good players who I think deserve to be part of the starting XI.

But isn't it great after years of bickering about off the field events, the focus of this forum at present is all about the playing side?

Just how it should be.

After all, that is why we love this daft, stupid, nonesensical game!

Back