• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Outrage or ridicule required

Tony1874

Too much time on my hands
Aug 1, 2013
JRFC 140 year Aniversary Celebration
JRFC fans v Vics Legends
A public playing field in Northwich
Six Vics legends, no Phil Dowd and no liners
Inflated attendance of 200
How the mighty have fallen

FARCE.jpg

Last edited:
For those that don't know, Phil Dowd was never a confirmed booking for JRFC/JRSA Event.
Phil Dowd refereed the Port Vale v Stoke City Legends match on the same day, which I supported. Poster.jpg

Colin has now resorted to Rushe tactics with an idle pathetic threat.
Colin says he has confirmation emails that he's taking to the Police today when he reports me for politely asking for reasonable answers to reasonable questions. (Breaching Section 95 of the Dictators Questions and Answers Act)
What he thinks the Police will do about it (Otherthan kicking him up the arse) I have no idea. He'd be better employing Graham Bean to issue idle legal threats.

What remains a mystery is why Colin (The Events Organiser) is sat on the evidence he needs to prove his claim. He should be requesting an explanation from Phil Dowd ratherthan posting foul mouthed replies.

However the fact of the matter is, I'm no better than Colin, I've also been withholding information.
After the Port Vale v Stoke City legends match, I stopped Phil Dowd at the tunnel and asked if he was going to referee the Northwich match. He looked confused and said

"They never got back to confirm, they've probably got a replacement"

Thats the gods honest truth and the reason why I'm demanding an explanation to his, what remains until proven otherwise, misleading poster. I respect the lack of interest and response to this issue, fact is its become the norm for them to bluff, cuff and self praise their own efforts. No one complains because no ones interested or bothered but they shouldnt be allowed to get away with it without an explanation and apology.

Last edited:
Colin has now resorted to Rushe tactics with an idle pathetic threat.
Colin says he has confirmation emails that he's taking to the Police today when he reports me for politely asking for reasonable answers to reasonable questions. (Breaching Section 95 of the Dictators Questions and Answers Act)
What he thinks the Police will do about it (Otherthan kicking him up the arse) I have no idea. He'd be better employing Graham Bean to issue idle legal threats.

What remains a mystery is why Colin (The Events Organiser) is sat on the evidence he needs to prove his claim. He should be requesting an explanation from Phil Dowd ratherthan posting foul mouthed replies.

However the fact of the matter is, I'm no better than Colin, I've also been withholding information.
After the Port Vale v Stoke City legends match, I stopped Phil Dowd at the tunnel and asked if he was going to referee the Northwich match. He looked confused and said

"They never got back to confirm, they've probably got a replacement"

Thats the gods honest truth and the reason why I'm demanding an explanation to his, what remains until proven otherwise, misleading poster. I respect the lack of interest and response to this issue, fact is its become the norm for them to bluff, cuff and self praise their own efforts. No one complains because no ones interested or bothered but they shouldnt be allowed to get away with it without an explanation and apology.

Sadly, I do think that Colin is probably beginning to lose the plot. He may just be beginning to realise that he's been fed a load of garbage by JR and others for years and his actions in defending the indefensible have resulted in him looking like a complete fool. The seemingly shambolic organisation of the 'Legends' match clearly hasn't done his own self-esteem too good either.

So he's done what any wounded animal does - lash out in rage. Hence his pathetic threats to report Tony to the Police. As if they woukd be remotely interested...

I truly hope that this whole episdode doesn't damage him in the long-term. He always was a bit vulnerable when he was younger and if things progress with JRFC as many think (including me) it may be that the one thing he holds dear and clings onto despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary could no longer be around in a few weeks.

We want our beer back2.jpg Event Organiser tries another tactic to defect the real issue

Its not another tactic, its the same statement over and over again ad nauseum because he is too stupid to understand.

To be in honest, in most cases in life, if you want a refund for goods and services, you have to produce a receipt ;)

Personally I feel sorry for "The Goose" and one or two of the other heroes who turned up presumably expecting crowds similar to the old days of the Drill Field and I wonder what they thought playing on a Sunday "jumpers for goalposts" game after their past glory.
They deserve better than that but I suspect that they wont be fooled again.

I have just had lunch at the Lostock Triangle and there is no sign of the new JRFC stadium as promised last year and the year before.
I believe that Colin is the Head of the Stadium building team or if that still Mr McNally?

Last edited:
Not much about the event on the NVFC memories page on Facebook.

If it had been a rip-roaring success which was attended by lots of current / former Vics fans and 'The Legends', one might have expected a little more about it, how everyone enjoyed themselves etc. So far, we've not even heard who played, what the score was, the amount raised.

But nothing. Zip. Zilch.

Strange.

Maybe the news about it is on the JRFC web-site or fans forum?

Oh, forgot, one hasn't been updated in weeks whilst the other is still in 'maintenance mode' (must be pretty broke to have been out of action for that length of time!).

No matter, no doubt we'll get a full resume at the NVSA AGM which must be coming up soon as the last one was June 26 last year.

They do have some up to date news on the JRFC Facebook page although it is not about the football team.

The "Indian Elvis" is appearing at Nandos restaurant reopening party although what that has to do with football is beyond me.

I wonder if the "Indian Elvis" is the latest wheeze by JR to make some money and maybe it is JR in disguise?

I would certainly pay to see that!!

Back