• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Northwich Vics Forum

Blackie

Too much time on my hands
Aug 5, 2013
I must admit i had to have a peek. Having read the post by Clin Buckley i had to grin with amusement
Apparently he moans about the coverage Vics and Northwich Villa are getting.
What Colin dosen't realise is that the guardian is the Mid-Cheshire guardian covering Northwich, Winsford and Middlewich reporting on mid-cheshire teams.
Perhaps i should point out to Colin that he requires the Greater Manchester guardian for Vics reports and that 1874 Northwich deserve our place on the back pages being a Cheshire based team!
Perhaps i should also remind him that Northwich Villa is actually Woodley Sports.

Last edited:
Blackie.

I think that you have a point.

Last nights game at Irlam was about one mile from where Northwich Victoria FC play at Flixton for their "home" games.

I think that geographically Flixton isn't even in Cheshire never mind mid-Cheshire.

Luckily for us, it is none of our business.

Last edited:
On balance, I've decided to shunt this to "other football".

"Perhaps i should also remind him that Northwich Villa is acually Woodley Sports."

Actually it's not!!
Woodley Sports is a club that Rushe was involved with and where he brought his 'friend' (forget his name) who was around when Nick Bone was here.
I know this may surprise some on here but he fell out with Woodley Sports. He then formed Woodley FC which metamorphosed (is there such a word?) into Northwich Villa and then Northwich Flixton Villa and presumably will become Flixton Villa and, who knows eventually Timeshare Villa. However, remember Rushe has no official role in NFV as he owns NVFC and he's hardly likely to break such important rules.

Indeed. We have had several threads in the past with people attempting to disambiguate Woodley and Woodley Sports - clearly to little avail! Perhaps people will have more success disambiguating NVFC and NFVFC. As the FA are no doubt aware, they merely happen coincidentally to share tenancy of a ground in Manchester and are otherwise completely separate entities. :rolleyes:

Tony,

I'm on a work placement at the Messenger on Dane Road in Sale currently.

Flixton is covered in the Stretford and Urmston Messenger.

It's not in Cheshire and certainly doesn't warrant coverage in the Northwich Guardian.

They've also literally promised, in fact they've guaranteed 150 travelling fans to play Droylsden on Saturday. Shame that they won't live up to their expectations, especially as they're playing for the 'Tony Downes Memorial Trophy'.

Last edited:
The irony is that the NVFC supporters (well Colin anyway) think that now NVFC is nearer to Northwich by being at Flixton instead of Stafford, he believes that we will abandon OUR co-operative club and go back to supporting Jim Rushes private football club.

I think that he may be wrong!

I know he will, never say's a word that comes as trueful fact does our Colin !!

Back