• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Northwich Premier League players

Joe Reacher

Legend
Aug 1, 2013
Been watching the annual Sky Sports Festive 'Premiership Years' from season 1998/99.
Noticed Micheal Oakes from Davenham playing in goal for Blackburn Rovers (and getting sent off!)

Are there many other players from Northwich played in the Premier League? Did Mike Whitlow and Tony Bullock?
What about former players now living in Northwich. Is it true Alan McInally and Andy Morrison live on Kingsmead?
We could also stretch it out to other tenuous links - didn't David Moyes assistant at Man United live in Hartford?

McInally does live on Kingsmead. Danny Fox - ex of Celtic, Coventry, Burnley and Southampton is from Winsford. Saw Dean Saunders in Chime in Hartford the other week, so wondered what that connection was!

Been watching the annual Sky Sports Festive 'Premiership Years' from season 1998/99.
Noticed Micheal Oakes from Davenham playing in goal for Blackburn Rovers (and getting sent off!)

Are there many other players from Northwich played in the Premier League? Did Mike Whitlow and Tony Bullock?
What about former players now living in Northwich. Is it true Alan McInally and Andy Morrison live on Kingsmead?
We could also stretch it out to other tenuous links - didn't David Moyes assistant at Man United live in Hartford?
Being as Mike Whitlow is my brother-in-law I can safely say yes, he played in the premier league.
Had many a free day out at Leicester & Bolton and a few Wembley trips to boot!
Unfortunately also means I'm related to a former witton player :(.

Not sure if he ever lived in Northwich but Gary Taylor Fletcher played in the Premier League and was a former Northwich player.

Colin Woodthorpe, currently assistant at Fylde is in Kingsmead, played for Norwich early 90's

Think Tony Bullock went on to play for both Dundee clubs. One of our members met him up there and said he was a really nice guy. Colin Woodthorpe was at Chester before he signed for Norwich.

Mark when you say most capped player do you mean for City,he never played for England but he did play once for Vics.

One of his team mates also used to live in Davenham. Not sure if he still does.

Back