• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Northwich Festival

Tony1874

Too much time on my hands
Aug 1, 2013
Still looking for volunteers to help out Northwich Rugby Club at the Northwich Festival.

Anyone interested and able to spare a few hours or a day or two, then please send me a message.

Can anyone else spare the time to volunteer on behalf of 1874 Northwich Football Club to assist Northwich Rugby Club at Northwich Festival (Moss Farm) on Saturday and Sunday morning between 09:00 and 10:00 to do a litter sweep and clean up. Flourescent vests, pickers and bags will be supplied.

Any help with this small but very important task will be gratefully appreciated by 1874 Northwich 'Community' Projects Team and Sammy Naylor.

This is another very good opportunity to promote our 'community' name to the local and wider audience.

Can anyone else spare the time to volunteer on behalf of 1874 Northwich Football Club to assist Northwich Rugby Club at Northwich Festival (Moss Farm) on Saturday and Sunday morning between 09:00 and 10:00 to do a litter sweep and clean up. Flourescent vests, pickers and bags will be supplied.

Any help with this small but very important task will be gratefully appreciated by 1874 Northwich 'Community' Projects Team and Sammy Naylor.

This is another very good opportunity to promote our 'community' name to the local and wider audience.

Good stuff, well done Tony. Great opportunity to promote the 1874 name. I'm sure they'll be a few people who spare an hour at the weekend

I'm sure the volunteers will do a great job but why?
Northwich Rugby Club are a private limited company and the money raised from the festival goes towards paying their professional players for the next season.
Not exactly a worthy cause to volunteer your time?

While you sort of have a point, you could also raise a few counter-arguments here:

- 1874 is in a sense also a private limited company, in that it is owned by the Trust members, who thus function as quasi-shareholders
- the rugby club exists within the local community and will only prosper by nurturing links with that community. Not just with the public, but also with businesses and other local sporting clubs. That then becomes a two-way process.
- I know nothing about this Festival, but I would imagine it is an outreach event on the part of the rugby club to interact with and engage the local community - yes, in their interests, but there is the expression "bask in the reflected glow"
- Engendering links with sporting facilities such as Moss Farm can also be beneficial in the long term
- Any opportunity to get the name of 1874 NFC seen in a positive light has to be a good thing, capital G capital T.

Of course it would be different if the rugby club were the autocratic toy of some non-local businessman out to exploit it for his own suspiciously nefarious ends, but luckily we don't have a local sporting club which fits that description.

Reactions: Tez
The 1874 Community Projects Team doesn't work for financial gain, we operate on a voluntary basis only, offering assistance to whoever requests it.

Our only payment comes in the form of publicity and respect that each project attracts and the incentive to give up our spare time is the satisfaction we receive from building bridges and improving public and business relationships within our 'local' community on behalf of 1874 Northwich FC

GOOD PUBLICITY AND RESPECT IS WORTH MORE THAN ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY ;)

If anyone else is interested the team is down at Moss Farm tomorrow morning from 09:00hrs to 10:00hrs.

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the 1874 supporters who turned up at Moss Farm this morning to help with the clean up operation.

Let me pass on a personal thank you from Sammy Naylor, who said our FANtastic efforts are very much appreciated.

Another positive tick in the box for 1874 efforts within our 'local' community.

Another mention for 1874 Northwich FC Community Projects Team in this weeks 'local' Guardian on page 8 'Festival to Remember' last paragraph........ More positive news for 1874 who continue to build bridge's in our 'local' community.

Well done to all who helped out and many thanks to Sammy for the payment of good publicity.

Northwich Festival this weekend, got some great publicity for last years litter pick. Real shame we no longer have a Projects Team to promote our football club in the community.
Nothing better than receiving 'third party' publicity, much better than blowing own whistle and self praising.

It is a definite gap in the jigsaw which the Board could do with filling somehow - though I appreciate how easy it is to pontificate from down here.

Agreed Alan, it needs leadership at board level by someone who commands respect and leads by example.

Tony is of course quite right.
The Community aspect of our club is important and will become more and more important as time goes on and if anyone would like to be the Community representative on the Board then please let our Chairman know.
Come on now, don't be shy!

Back