• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mike Brandon Retires

Hope he changes his mind as he's still got a lot to offer our team but if not then thank you and all the best to him for the future

Mikes looked a bit off the pace this season, but the service he's given and the goals he's contributed have made him a legend in our short history.
Your enthusiasm and playing football with a smile on your face will be sadly missed.
Thanks Mike.

Mike is going to be a hard act for any player to follow.

I, for one am very grateful for his contribution to the success of our Club and I hope that he will still be involved with the Club as an adviser and all round "Good Egg"

1874 without MvB doesn't seem quite right?

Last edited:
An institution (if a club with such a short history can have such a thing). Part of the fabric of the club. And deserves every other accolade and stereotype expression that we can come up with. His goal-scoring record speaks for itself.
Made a huge contribution to getting us where we are now - and for that deserves our gratitude.
Thanks, Mike.
:scarf:

My favourite MvB moment was at a recent game where he kissed the opposing goalkeepers head, much to the surprise of the aforementioned goalkeeper!

An absolute pleasure to know him and always good for a laugh. Plays the game with passion and has been a great servant to our club.
But Mike please tell me you are only hanging up those awful multicoloured boots which put your career back a few months and we'll see you around the club next year!
Good luck in whatever you do next and thanks for the entertainment!

Reactions: Tez
Sad to hear this news but thanks for everything, Mike. You'll definitely go down as one of the legends of the club in our short history. Best of luck for the future!

I remember that first game at the Slow and Easy when we tried many players and remember thinking that this player (Mike) really stood out with his experience and skill, and he has delivered ever since that day. Well done Mike and all the best for the future. I blame the Ryan Giggs haircut!

79 goals in 138 appearances for the club outstanding simply outstanding going to miss MVB wouldn't be where we are now as a club without him true ledgend

Back