• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mid cheshire cup

Richard Stockton

I Live Here
1874 Official
Aug 3, 2013
Apologises if this has already been posted else where but are we playing witton Albion? Saw a reference too it on twitter but not much else. Does anyone know the draw in full? Many thanks.

All I've seen is the various posts on twitter. Apparently we are drawn at home, and a Witton tweet said it was their "reserves" playing us. Would they risk losing the inaugural 1874 v Witton derby by fielding a weak team?

A guy at work who is one of the contributers to their programme confirmed this morning the "reserves" theory. Can't see it myself.

Got too agree its a game no one will want too lose. The witton faithful will see it as a must win game.

All I've seen is the various posts on twitter. Apparently we are drawn at home, and a Witton tweet said it was their "reserves" playing us. Would they risk losing the inaugural 1874 v Witton derby by fielding a weak team?

Yes, why not. Witton have sidestepped the MCSC in the past. Without sounding disingenuous to the competition, it's small beer compared to the other cups, not to mention the NPL. It would make perfect sense to use more of their fringe players.

Have they got 11 reserves?.It's just them making an excuse in case they lose.

Reactions: Ben
Then again we may decide to use our fringe players: Stockton,Wood, Halvorsen, Coats, Street etc!!!

According to the 1874 website, we are due to play Rudheath Social before 1 November

We've not 'officially' received confirmation the fixture has changed AFAIK.

Edit: I've no doubt it has (source is pretty reliable in the Northwich Guardian), but until we receive confirmation I can't update the site.

Back