• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Meeting at Barnton tonight ?

pdw

Too much time on my hands
Jul 28, 2013
Not seen any posts regarding tonights meeting at Barnton FC, is this still on for 7.30 as not seen anything outside of the newsletter.

Apologies if there is another thread i haven't seen.

I asked the same question and was told "It's not a formal meeting in that way so no further communication has come out. Just an invite" As it happens i cannot make it tonight anyway.

No worries just wanted to ensure whoever is able to make it can, it says owners meeting in the newsletter when i read it again.
Thanks Richard.

Here are the headlines from a very well-attended meeting last night.

We have a manager, almost. Just a few things to tie up before it's officially announced - probably next week
The assistant will join in the summer due to contractual obligations
I've no idea who they are but they are experienced

The board are working on a 5-year plan to be a sustainable club at Step 4

Work needs to be done on the ground following a grading inspection. More work will be required if/when we return to step 4.
99% of clubs have failed their inspections under the new F.A. regime!

The board were open & honest about the way the season has gone & lessons have been learnt.
As ever more help is needed but I got the impression they're trying to work smarter not harder.

Various initiatives are being looked at for next season, e.g. away travel, match sponsorships using the Memorial Hall & ways to boost attendances

A good meeting was held last night and Edge has provided a good summary of what was discussed without going into too much detail. The next big announcement will come soon with the appointment of a new manager who apparently is experienced with knowledge of the Midlands league and who will be able to work with the budget set by the club next season. I am now more confident that our club will see better times ahead after what has been the most difficult season in our short history as a fans owned and Northwich community club.

Sounds very positive. A rainy blustery day in the Fens has suddenly taken on a more cheerful tone 👌💚🖤

We have a manager, almost. Just a few things to tie up before it's officially announced - probably next week

Work needs to be done on the ground following a grading inspection. More work will be required if/when we return to step 4.

The board were open & honest about the way the season has gone & lessons have been learnt.
As ever more help is needed but I got the impression they're trying to work smarter not harder.

Various initiatives are being looked at for next season, e.g. away travel, match sponsorships using the Memorial Hall & ways to boost attendances

Thanks for the summary for those of us who couldn’t be there

Great to read of news that an experienced manager is soon to be appointed and that there is an aim to get back up to Step 4.

Feeling a lot more positive for next season and the future now!

Thanks for the summary for those of us who couldn’t be there
All sounds v positive👍

Might I suggest that another members / fans meeting is organised after the end of the season when the new manager has been appointed and the Board have had time to finesse their plans?

Reactions: pdw
Hoping for some really positive news on who the new manager is.
For me, I would love it to be a big name or strong character that can give the club a real boost.
We need a real leader and shrewd operator with good non league knowledge and lots of contacts.

Reactions: Ben
Back