• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Matty Beadle

matthew james hardy

Too much time on my hands
Aug 14, 2013
Has left the club and joined Colne FC absolute gutted going to be a massive blow for us and our plans for next season going to be very hard to replace.

Not a great start to next seasons plans, but everyone's replaceable.

Best of luck Matty Beadle. A non-contract player, who was always set to move on at some point (although I'm sure we'd all have hoped differently) and try his luck back at a higher level.
Sorry to see him go, but I'm sure there will always be a warm welcome for him if he visits (maybe Colne in the FA cup?) and equally I'm sure we'd have him back if things don't work out?:D

Any player who leaves us for a higher league has my blessing.

We all like to challenge ourselves and I'm sure he will adapt well to the better league. Agree with Vicki, couldn't have gone to a better club.

I'm sure Streety had already planned for this and has something up his sleeve.

Hope he does have something up his Sleeve also after losing Brandon aswell 50 goals between the pair

I have just put a few words on the club site. Matty phoned me on Thursday to let me know what was happening today and to ask that I pass on his thanks to everyone at our club. That shows the measure of the lad. He's left us on brilliant terms, we understand that he wants to test himself in the Evostik and if he had to leave us, then where better than Colne, who are a fantastic club.

I've spoken to both their Secretary and also to their Manager today and have told them to look after him!!! Seriously I am sure that Matty will be a great addition for them and both him and Colne will do very well in their new League.

Ian has been more aware than anyone that this was going to happen and has been planning accordingly. It is quite a 'double act' to replace, MVB and Beads were significant players for us and brought us a lot of goals but this happens in football. I can assure everyone that Ian, Paul and Wayne (a great addition to our club by the way) are working hard to ensure that we are ready for the new season.

Onwards and upwards!!!!

Last edited:
Sad to see him go as he was a great player for us and a goalscorer. Having said that, Beads deserves a chance to test himself at a higher level and I wish him the best of luck. Along with Brandon, he won't be easily replaced but I'm confident Streety and the rest of the management team will have some decent replacements in mind. Onwards and upwards! :scarf:

Thanks for the memories, Beads. You are a top lad and a great player. You will do well at Colne and all of us here at 1874 will watch your progress at Colne with interest. You know that you will always been welcome back at 1874. All the very best.

Nice one beads thanks for everything
At least if talks have been ongoing since the end of the season we should have a replacement sorted

Back