• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Marske United Resign from Northern Premier League

MarkDavies89

Legend
Aug 4, 2023
Marske have submitted (and had accepted) papers to resign from the NPL Premier and take voluntary relegation.

Will this have a knock on effect to the NPL regional leagues and turn it into a PPG relegation fight?

Marske have submitted (and had accepted) papers to resign from the NPL Premier and take voluntary relegation.

Will this have a knock on effect to the NPL regional leagues and turn it into a PPG relegation fight?
Could well do Mark

Atherton Colls are bottom of the Premier, Stafford next to bottom, so presumably one of those two will stay in the Prem.

At present bottom of the NPL Midlands are Rushden with just 4 points from 20, in the East it’s Grantham with 14 from 21. We’ve got 16 from 21.

So if it came to a PPG scenario then at present we’d be in line for a reprieve.

But I’d rather us just start winning a few games and not need to rely on this method!

Could well do Mark

Atherton Colls are bottom of the Premier, Stafford next to bottom, so presumably one of those two will stay in the Prem.

At present bottom of the NPL Midlands are Rushden with just 4 points from 20, in the East it’s Grantham with 14 from 21. We’ve got 16 from 21.

So if it came to a PPG scenario then at present we’d be in line for a reprieve.

But I’d rather us just start winning a few games and not need to rely on this method!
Of course, but if the landscape changes it's good to know what's what.

Being relatively new to this, I don't really have a clue what happens in this situation 😅

is there not a possibility that they will just have one less relegation from the premier this year? It would be a lot cleaner for them.

FYI Marske club statement https://www.marskeunitedfc.org/news/club-statement-2825186.html
It then creates a knock on effect for each division after that. They want to increase the number of clubs in step 4 and that will leave the east division with one less. Unless the FA allocate them back to the east division, but it’s more likely to be step 5 or 6.

According to the statement they don't know what league they will be playing in next year.
It won't affect the prem as there will, I presume, be one less relegation. If I was a betting man, which I'm not, I would imagine there would be one less relegation from the three feeder leagues on a PPG basis.
There are 6 relegation spots remember not 3 ,so at the moment,and using PPG ,it would be Hednesford who would earn a reprieve. However there's a lot of decisions to be made and football to be played.

Last edited:
Back