• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Linnets 1-0 1874

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
Thought that was the best we’ve performed without the ball for a long time. Loads of spirit, fight and determination.

Two great saves by both keepers in the second half, as it looked like it was going be a 0-0, a proper fluke of a goal won it for Linnets.

On to Saturday hosting Avro at Townfield. Fully behind the lads. Lets keep pushing Greens 💪💚

Unlucky to lose today to a freak goal. Can’t fault the effort though. Best we’ve played in a while. Just need to create more.

Push on next week now against Avro!

Couple of big chances second half not taken were very costly, competed well against them, maybe a bit toothless upfront but no walkover as the form guide would suggest.

Admirable effort from the team today. Defence excellent and midfield much more prominent limiting Runcorn to mainly long distance shots.
However the attack was a different matter. Apart from a few half chances that possibly we should have done better with we created very little. I still find it hard to see any of our forwards actually scoring.
I do agree though it was a much better display.
A very flukish goal for Runcorn won it for them and we were also unlucky to lose Jonah and Benji who played well today in midfield to injuries.
Special mention to Matty Fenton who was superb.
The wait to beat Runcorn goes on !!

Think we were game for a point today, complete fluke of a goal by Linnets.
Unfortunately, as much running and effort as Max may give us, I really can’t see many goals coming through him (albeit, as a team, maybe we do not create much for him!) - would like to see Birchall given a go at striker.

Is Sam injured does anyone know? As I really think we are desperate for him and Eric to be back. Matty Fenton was quality again today, put in a real leaders performance and great to see him with the arm band fighting for the shirt.
Onto the next one! UTG!!

Thoughts on Jack?

Jack Marrow's performance at center back in the 1-0 defeat to Linnets was nothing short of exceptional. His defensive prowess was on full display, showcasing a remarkable ability to read the game and make crucial interceptions. Marrow's composure under pressure and his strategic positioning were key in thwarting numerous Linnets attacks. Despite the unfortunate outcome, his individual brilliance in defense was a shining light for fans and a testament to his skill as a defender

Think we were game for a point today, complete fluke of a goal by Linnets.
Unfortunately, as much running and effort as Max may give us, I really can’t see many goals coming through him (albeit, as a team, maybe we do not create much for him!) - would like to see Birchall given a go at striker.

Is Sam injured does anyone know? As I really think we are desperate for him and Eric to be back. Matty Fenton was quality again today, put in a real leaders performance and great to see him with the arm band fighting for the shirt.
Onto the next one! UTG!!
I’d like to see us have a go with Max and Matty up front. Max works his socks off but he’s left isolated and with no outlet and you wonder where the goals are coming from. It’s been a problem for a while now with various forwards we’ve had and maybe the new manager can change that.

Defence was excellent yesterday as was Ellis in goal. Midfield a lot stronger with Lucas and Matt both having great games. Will certainly help though having Sam and Eric back.

Need to work on the final third. A lot more positives to take though.

I’d like to see us have a go with Max and Matty up front. Max works his socks off but he’s left isolated and with no outlet and you wonder where the goals are coming from. It’s been a problem for a while now with various forwards we’ve had and maybe the new manager can change that.
Yeah I can’t disagree with trying the 2 out together if we try something new (not sure how willing Jonah and Matt would be to do this prior to a new manager being installed, so maybe we may have to wait on that!)

Since Scotty left, no matter what striker we seem to play, they have the exact same problem of lack of service and being isolated.

Your result yesterday shows how bizarre this league is this season .
Linnets beat Leek convincingly mid week then needed a deflected goal yesterday.
Move forward four days abd Leek go to Clitheroe and win four one, yet Clitheroe are the best side I've seen at the U lock it this season.
We beat top of the league away from home then get beat by bottom of the league a week later.
I've given up predicting who will end up where. The only consolation is that a good run of results will put a lot of teams in the play offs.

Last edited:
Your result yesterday shows how bizarre this league is this season .
Linnets beat Leek convincingly mid week then needed a deflected goal yesterday.
Move forward four days abd Leek go to Clitheroe and win four one, yet Clitheroe are the best side I've seen at the U lock it this season.
We beat top of the league away from home then get beat by bottom of the league a week later.
I've given up predicting who will end up where. The only consolation is that a good run of results will put a lot of teams in the play offs.
Ah, but the only side in the division that ain’t winning games at the Mo are us! And as an attacking unit we look as threatening as a blamange!

But defensively yesterday it was much better than of late, the lads put in a real shift and it took a fluke goal to beat us.

But when you are struggling the law of sod seems to dictate that you don’t get many breaks…,😡

Back