• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leek CSOB

Dave James

Legend
Jul 31, 2013
NWCFL website states that Leek have informed them that they will be unable to fulfil the fixture at Holker tomorrow. This is the second time this season for the same fixture. They are blaming the resignation of committee and manager. League rules state that the punishment is £300 fine and possible expultion from the league with all results expunged.

I suspect that means our game on Tuesday is now in doubt.

So we might lose the 3 points gained there back in September? And Formby will lose their 3 points too. They haven't played the away game at Leek yet. Meanwhile, Nelson would lose 6 points because they've played them twice already (and with an aggregate score of 11-0).

I must confess I am not a great fan of off-field issues having an influence on promotion/relegation (so many memories there!), but a quick calculation suggests to me that given the GDs involved, we'd still be hoping for a slip-up elsewhere to see us over the line, whereas it does drag Nelson back into contention a bit (and reduces their GD almost but not quite to Formby's level).

Too much thinking for a Friday evening ...

Notice Leek have just registered 21 players. If they are expeled and results expunged, things could get very interesting. Hope that they manage to pull through though, jot nice seeing sides folding.

So we might lose the 3 points gained there back in September? And Formby will lose their 3 points too. They haven't played the away game at Leek yet. Meanwhile, Nelson would lose 6 points because they've played them twice already (and with an aggregate score of 11-0).

I must confess I am not a great fan of off-field issues having an influence on promotion/relegation (so many memories there!), but a quick calculation suggests to me that given the GDs involved, we'd still be hoping for a slip-up elsewhere to see us over the line, whereas it does drag Nelson back into contention a bit (and reduces their GD almost but not quite to Formby's level).

Too much thinking for a Friday evening ...

Formby have played their away game against Leek, so we would be level on points with them should the expulsion happen. In all honesty I don't really see much point in expelling them now seeing as it's almost the end of the season.

Aha, yes, I see they slipped it in last weekend. Forgot. So they would have a 12-4 aggregate to lose, but their GD is still superior. Would make 19 April a bit more interesting (if that's possible ...) but I also hope Leek manage to sort themselves out

Not sure if it would make things more interesting, but it would mean that promotion would be in our hands. Still hope they sort themselves out, mainly because I am planning on going this Tuesday.

If (and it's a big if) ... then the table as it stands now would be (I think!)
Nelson P30 GD+63 Pts71
Formby P29 GD+50 Pts68
1874 P30 GD+36 Pts68

I think it's down to the top three now.

Apparently the 21 players they signed last week are mainly their youth team.
A Chorley v Droylsden score would be useful

I have been in touch with Leek this morning and the people that have come in are determined to see the Club through to the end of the season. Well done and much credit to them.

Therefore business as usual, let's hope for another fantastic turnout for our team.

Just a heads up folks that a pitch inspection is planned tomorrow afternoon, as the BS has taken on quite a lot of water from this afternoon's storm. Watch for updates before you travel.

Just a heads up folks that a pitch inspection is planned tomorrow afternoon, as the BS has taken on quite a lot of water from this afternoon's storm. Watch for updates before you travel.

Weather forecast looks ok for tomorrow. Hopefully will be on and a comfortable win will keep up the pressure.

Let's hope it's still on, last thing we want is to have it called off!

Fingers crossed Jack!

Spoke to Leek again today, the new people have no intention of giving in and I for one, salute them!!

I notice that in their official release that Leek have given running costs as one of the ongoing problems that forced them to withdraw from the Holker game. Would it be possible for us to have collection buckets at the gate for fan donations. Think of the PR and support of local non league football that this could generate for us as a community based club. It may be to late to organise now but hope not!

Great idea Green Welly. It's a bit difficult to throw my few bob in from this distance though, but I'm happy to dig deep Easter Saturday if we're still collecting then.:scarf:

Excellent idea. Tez can twist my arm too on 19th - assuming I am successful in my ongoing attempts to persuade my wife of the pressing need to travel up for that day.

Back