• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Last night!

Nigel

Legend
5 5
Jul 31, 2013
Just getting my voice back after last nights entertainment! Great result, great atmosphere with the drum and the singing/shouting, but more importantly 100 out of 10 for the passion and determination of our super players and super management. We all saw how much it meant to them all as soon as the goal went in.

Ian and all the players - take a bow.

Just like to add my congratulations to all concerned in respect of a great game last night, and that includes everyone from Eccleshall as well.

It seemed as though it was going to come, but when? I was glad Ian didn't change it after Stu Welstead came on because I thought we were getting there. Chances were coming thick and fast and we had the best finishers on the pitch, so I say well done to Ian and the lads for persistence. Agreed with MoM in Short who took his goal well and worked tirelessly all game and again Matty Ward put in a great shift. Who else could score the winner though!

Eccleshall played very well in frustrating us and were always dangerous on the break. Their no.11 was outstanding, sign him up for next season!!

A great game of football thankfully not spoilt by the Linesman who was awful.

The no 11 for Eccleshall was Engelo Enrico and tbh I thought that we made him look better than he was, we gave him far too much time on the ball and I don't really think that he's any better than the wingers we already have.

IF we get promotion then we should definately look at some players form the premier league from clubs like maine road

Not that our current players aren't any good because they are, but it never hurts to keep strengthening

The no 11 for Eccleshall was Engelo Enrico and tbh I thought that we made him look better than he was, we gave him far too much time on the ball and I don't really think that he's any better than the wingers we already have.

Agreed Josh,
Average player, We have let far far better players go this season. We are weak defensively on the right hand side, Sakeel for all his good going forward, offers little protection to Mitch.

Great performance to stick at it and not get frustrated ( both on and off the pitch ). Persistence brings its reward and I thought the support from the terraces just grew all night. We need to keep it up and concentrate on getting behind the lads in the run in.

You can not beat a last minute winner!!!

Back