• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Irlam

I was stuck at work today so missed a good game. It was dead as well all the locals must have gone too irlam. Here too next Saturday, keep up the good work boys :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Positives
- Mark Jones is a rock at the back
- Chappie is a tackling machine
- 3 points
- Jacksons back
- Less going backwards today

Negatives
- Seem a little reluctant to shoot at times
- Still not sold on 4-3-3, we saw within minutes that their keeper was suspect in the air, should've used width more and put in so testing crosses
- Freezing

The gaol !!, more like that from a descent range will win games, Keeper had no chance, well done Tom.

I thought the Irlam pitch was awful to play football on. I thought the lads did very well to grind out the result. We were clearly the better side and had chances to score again in the 2nd half. However, it was not to be and I thought the team battled hard to get a fully deserved win today.

What a peach of a goal to win a game!

Well done to our lads, another big 3 points against decent opposition. Not many will come away with a win there so massive credit.

Massive win for the lads today, wins like that today are huge in our bid for promotion, a very hard place to go against a very good team.

Not many teams will get a point at Irlam never mind all 3, shows what a good set of lads we have.

Great finish by Tom Bailey, took it very well. Brilliant following from our fans too, good to see.

Bring on Colls next weekend. What a huge game that will be...

Last edited:
Thought Mark was immense at the back today, infact the back 5 were awesome today... for me, the best defensive option we have available to us with the current squad... midfield contained (good to see Ryan back!) and the forwards never stopped running and pressing their defensive line... well done to all the players / management and another great following from the green army! :)

Bit nervy watching on Twitter given what happened last time we played Irlam!

Well played lads. When I saw the line-up I reckoned it'd take a very decent team to take much from us today.

We battled for the win today. A good finish by Tom from the keepers mistake and that proved to be the winner. I appreciate that pitches like that are not conducive to playing neat football but we still haven't got going. I get those that are bigging up what a difficult team Irlam are to play at their place (maybe for the players or managements sake), but more than half of the teams to visit in the league have come away with something.

You could see how much it meant to the lads at the full time whistle and they knew that they had been in a game today.

Good to see Connors seems to be back to something near his best and that Ryan is getting back in the fold following his injury.

Agreed with the comments on Mark Jones who misjudged the bounce of some of the balls today but they turned out to be minor blips in what was again a composed performance.

Can't wait to see how we get on against Colls and see what sort of a proposition they are.

Being away in place that's HOT and SUNNY, known as Florida (hope I'm not rubbing it in weatherwise ;) ) and thus not able to go, it's great to read that it seemed like we put in a performance worthy of 3 points. Saw the goal on Twitter, great goal, one worthy to win a match.

I won't be making the Vase game next week, but hopefully I'll be leaving Philly Airport knowing our name is in the hat for the draw come the following Monday.

:scarf::scarf:

Guys the next time we are at Irlam it may be wise to predict a gate of 200!
Must be a case of "a lot on today, call it 200!"

Ps Massive well done for breaking the drawing sequence boys.

Good ref,tried to keep the game flowing.The linesman at the end we were attacking second half needs to go to spec-savers gave three bad offside decision's.

Back