• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Information if you are heading to Linnets today

Vicki England

Too much time on my hands
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
Today's match falls close to the 10th anniversary of Runcorn Linnet's formation on April 28th 2006. A landmark achievement and congratulations should go to Derek and everyone at the Club.

Linnets are publishing a special bumper 40-page match day programme to look back on, and commemorate, their first 10 years. The programmes will be priced at £2.50 each.

They have obtained a temporary licence to sell alcohol in the clubhouse and hope supporters of both clubs will join before and after the match and also at half-time in raising a toast to their first 10 years. They will be selling cans of lager, bitter and cider in the clubhouse. Ground admission will therefore be available at the main turnstile earlier than usual from 1pm. Consumption of alcohol will only be permitted inside the clubhouse and will not be allowed outside under any circumstances.

As today's game is likely to draw an above average crowd, the turnstile on Stockham Lane will be in operation from 1.45pm in addition to the main turnstile next to the clubhouse. Linnets are urging supporters to arrive in good time for the kick-off to help with car parking and so that congestion at the turnstiles is kept to a minimum.

They have advised that there's quite a lot of road works being carried out in the Runcorn area because of the new bridge, so best to leave plenty of time for travelling in case of diversions.

Here's hoping for a cracking game and occasion.

Oh and 1874 will play in claret!!!

Claret didn't bring us any luck last year. Should be in green and black shorts. Or even our white kit, sorry Steve. Do we know who the ref is today? Needs to be strong as it will be physical judging from their game against Colls.

Happy Birthday to The Linnets. A club that had shown it's possible to start from scratch for which they should be congratulated. Good luck to them (except today of course).

Last edited:
Was looking forward to going today but yesterday got some bad news about my car so going to struggle to get to most the remaining matches of this season ( hoping to make at least one) so I wish my adopted family Good Luck to all. 1874 Forever :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Back