• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ian street

TimBen1874

Administrator
Jun 24, 2013
I read ians comments int he email and i have to admit i agree with him to an extent that fans will be quick to complain but then go missing in oriase when results go well, so i think that after the dissapointment of the colls result i have to congratulate ian and the superb results away at holker and hanley

:scarf::scarf:

Reactions: Ben
I think he's got a point also. I notice there are far more comments in the match thread if we lose or draw rather than win.

Did somebody once say " you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time"? Forums are of course all about providing people with information and allowing them,if they so wish, to provide others with their opinions and some times there are very interesting "debates" taking place on forums. Love them or hate them there will always be a place for them

It is human nature, and in this Northwich football fans have a long tradition of compliance, to use places like this to 'have a moan'. Look back through the years of the old Vics forum for evidence of this! It can of course be seen as ultimately complimentary, in that it shows that we have fans who care enough to strive for perfection and are involved enough to be moved to offer their words of wisdom, based on many years' employment as touchline managers, when standards fall a little below our high expectations. That we take achievement of these high expectations as the norm (and therefore rarely deemed worthy of comment) is disappointing, but is also in itself a huge compliment to the team on and off the pitch in having in such a short period of time established such consistently high levels of performance.

In sport, as in business, under performance always attracts criticism. Over achievement or good service rarely attracts praise. This is human nature. Ian has performed an amazing job this year and deserves much credit. I believe that he has been around long enough to accept that you cant please all the people all the time.
Well done Ian, and the players for giving us a first season to be proud of. Long may it continue.

There is no-one more disappointed if a plan doesn't come off, than Ian. And the players. They put immense pressure on themselves, to do the very best they can.

Sometimes there are situations, that we as fans on the terraces, don't know about. So if your favourite player is on the bench, it may be that he is carrying a knock and Ian needs to judge how best to use him. Or it could be that there is a particular plan to deal with the opposition but that plan doesn't quite come off. A good Manager will then look to change it. Atherton Colls ring any bells?!

Brian is right, the Forum is what it is, an independent place to share views and long may that continue. But just as supporters cry out for consistency from officials (!) then it would be good to have a little from some supporters. If you didn't enjoy the game, then fair enough, post about it. But please give credit where it's due also.

Ian is big enough and daft enough to take it on the chin. He's very experienced and won't let the odd negative comment get him down. And he is happy to have sensible conversations about a match, he's very approachable. He's done an excellent job to date and we are lucky to have someone so enthusiastic about our Club and who does what he does for the love of it.

In my humble opinion, we've got a 'good un' and I'm glad he was appointed !! (Sshh, don't tell him I said that, I like to keep him on his toes ;) )

There is no-one more disappointed if a plan doesn't come off, than Ian. And the players. They put immense pressure on themselves, to do the very best they can.

Sometimes there are situations, that we as fans on the terraces, don't know about So if your favourite player is on the bench, it may be that he is carrying a knock and Ian needs to judge how best to use him. Or it could be that there is a particular plan to deal with the opposition but that plan doesn't quite come off. A good Manager will then look to change it. Atherton Colls ring any bells?!

Or perhaps that they've not long since finishing a shift on their night/day job, so the bench is the more prudent option if squad numbers allow?

Or perhaps that they've not long since finishing a shift on their night/day job, so the bench is the more prudent option if squad numbers allow?
Absolutely Tez, we do have players who quite often finish work at lunchtime on Saturday and "hot foot" it to the ground.

I mean this with no disrespect to any of our fantastic supporters (god forbid I get on the wrong side of any!) but I wonder sometimes if the odd one or two realise that we are at step 6 and are no longer watching Conference footy! Things are very different at our level, no full time players, no contracts, not always available to play and training is limited. To be fair to Ian, he gets an hour with the lads during the week. If we have a mid week game, then that is not always possible.

I'll finish before I get into someones bad books, but I'd say a good job all round from Mr Street. :scarf:

Absolutely Tez, we do have players who quite often finish work at lunchtime on Saturday and "hot foot" it to the ground.

I mean this with no disrespect to any of our fantastic supporters (god forbid I get on the wrong side of any!) but I wonder sometimes if the odd one or two realise that we are at step 6 and are no longer watching Conference footy! Things are very different at our level, no full time players, no contracts, not always available to play and training is limited. To be fair to Ian, he gets an hour with the lads during the week. If we have a mid week game, then that is not always possible.

I'll finish before I get into someones bad books, but I'd say a good job all round from Mr Street. :scarf:
On that note, I suggest that we end this discussion and allow our manager to get on with what he does best.
Provide us the supporters with what we all want most of all. A team playing in Green that we can all be proud of, now its our job to provide our support and build the dream.
COYG.

Back