• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

How long is our contract at the Barton Stadiam?

john butler

Apr 16, 2014
With the revenue which we have accrued this season, must be at least £60,000 +, please don't be shy..., with the second season beckoning... will we buy new players from a higher league? With respect.. just for example Sakeel.... say no more...

I think we had a 2 year deal, with an option on a 3rd year.

Personally, I think if we had this squad at the start of the season then we would have been promoted, so I don't see the need to splash the cash.
I'm not sure many players are contracted at this level anyway, so 7 days notice might be all we need to do.

If we can hold on to the majority of them then I think we'll be well placed for next season and still have a few quid in the bank.

Agree Edge. I definitely don't see the need to be splashing any cash. If we were to consider buying players from a higher league ( heaven forbid in my humble opinion) then we'd just be going down the road of the other more feckless clubs, buying success. 1874 is all about doing things the right way and to my mind we'd just be risking taking short cuts for short term gain and long term loss; you don't have to look too far from home for some excellent examples of how not to run a football club.;)

Furthermore I'd add that I have absolute faith that unanimously this is not the route the Board members would want to take.

I agree with Mark, if we would have had the players we finished with at the start of the season the outcome would have been different. Having said that we were all learning at the start.

Just fine tuning required I think for next season. I am sure the players we have will stay with us and maybe just one or two changes will suffice to be champions next year. There will probably be a couple of unknowns coming into the league so we need to be wary of these.

Can't wait for some good pre-season games to be announced.

I think we had a 2 year deal, with an option on a 3rd year.

Personally, I think if we had this squad at the start of the season then we would have been promoted, so I don't see the need to splash the cash.
I'm not sure many players are contracted at this level anyway, so 7 days notice might be all we need to do.

If we can hold on to the majority of them then I think we'll be well placed for next season and still have a few quid in the bank.

Edge - you are spot on, it is a 2+1 agreement.

Also, we don't have any contracted players. That is the norm at this level (and Step 5 and the majority of Step 4). 7 days notice of approach is the way we can get players from other clubs and we've used this already on numerous occasions this year (Sakeel, Craig Farnworth etc).

As for the playing budget next season, that is a matter that the Board will be discussing with Ian later on in the year.

How much does a player get paid at this level?

Expenses only I think for us anyway, others we can only speculate at, and for some sides like Oldham Boro the players actually pay subs to the club to play!

I think the current squad with the odd signing will be more than good enough to compete for promotion/winning the league next season. I have no doubt about that.

If we were to consider buying players from a higher league (heaven forbid in my humble opinion) then we'd just be going down the road of the other more feckless clubs, buying success.

A fine example of parapraxis, @Tez!

tumblr_m8swmg4Byq1ro2yn3.jpg

Alan.

Thanks for that and that is why I always fly on a proper airline like British Airways and always turn left when I get on an aircraft!

The answer to your previous questions regarding membership is roughly we had about 280 members at the start of our club and now have about 235.

I know that the additional 40-50 people at the start were predominately family relations of existing members who joined as they were sympathetic to our aims and ambitions, although now we have a membership of 235 which is slowly increasing as individual football fans join as they want to be a part of and are sympathetic to the idea of a fans run club.

The membership situation is one of the many disciplines within our club that the Board would like to review with the club owners over the close season and any suggestions or ideas would be welcomed.

Tony F

P.S. I was watching the shenanigans with the fog at LHR this morning on my PC with flights diverting to MAN, STN, and LGW, and being held in the holding stacks for hours.
Oh! I am so glad to be retired!!!

I'd agree that there are no major issues with our current squad. Needless to say, they have been great and worked bloody hard this year and deserve to be kept together and have the loyalty shown to them. Streety evidently has a good handle on it and I'm sure he isn't looking at any sweeping changes.

Tony F, I witnessed that nonsense from the ground today at MAN, chaos!

Back